Water must be warming up...

Caryl

The water stays clear all by itself, much to my amazement since there is little surface plant yet (despite my efforts to grow some) and full sun (well hopefully one day we will get full sun again :-? ). It has a large pond filter plus the decks overhang the water by about 3 meters each end. It also has a small trickle of fresh water continually running into it from a ballcock.

Hi all, it's definately getting warmer alright. We've had 3 days of glorious sunshone here in the Hutt Valley. I went out last night to a dwindling pool by the river and picked up a few more bullies for the pond (nice big fat eel in the pool too, wonder what he's been eating...)

I went out to the pond tonight with the torch to check on them all, spotted 2 nice fat Koura lurking about and got the shock of my life when I saw a frog on a log. I went back out later and found a second in the weed.

It's months since we last saw them, I hadn't expected them so early in spring though. Hoping we get some spawn, my going on 3 year old would love it.

I wonder if the Koura will enjoy playing with the tadpoles....

P.

It's getting them out again once the temperatures drop that's the problem, otherwise I would!

I think I will breed odessa barbs outside again this summer (but not with the goldfish!)

If they're bristlenoses, why bother getting them out? There will always be more of the stupid things...