Hi there, thought I'd better start talking on here....

Whiskeysgirl

I've been lurking on here for a while now... I have a 165 ltr comm tank with a mix of gourami, hatchets, a fighter, algae eaters, red tail rainbow shark and a whiptail catfish, a 50ltr with angels and a 38 ltr with six guppies, two phantom tetras and threee old neons. It's been a real help for me to read all the posts here, especially the disease ones - I've been able to save many fish by knowing what to do quickly instead of having to wait it out, so thanks all who post great detail and pictures!!!

• 3 weeks later...

all for the welcomes!!! Have a few changes, the guppies have decided to multipy, as they do lol, except the fry got sucked into the filter!!!!Man what a rush job turning everything off to try to rescue them, got 6, RIP any I missed. Luckily I had a wee tank spare I could put them in, so now got 4 tanks running and Meridian are loving my power account!

I've been lurking on here for a while now... I have a 165 ltr comm tank with a mix of gourami, hatchets, a fighter, algae eaters, red tail rainbow shark and a whiptail catfish, a 50ltr with angels and a 38 ltr with six guppies, two phantom tetras and threee old neons. It's been a real help for me to read all the posts here, especially the disease ones - I've been able to save many fish by knowing what to do quickly instead of having to wait it out, so thanks all who post great detail and pictures!!!

Red tail shark or a rainbow shark? They are different.

Red Tail Shark has a red tail only, a Rainbow Shark looks similar but with red fins as well as a red tail.

you are sooo right, I have found out the difference since posting, it is indeed a Rainbow shark, not a Red tail shark, apologies. Still cruises past looking out at us, kids named him Bruce.... Nemo fans here I'm afraid, lol.

No worries, I have a rainbow shark too, had him for about 3 years. His name is Bert. :)