BN caves

Hi guys,

My BNs aren't breeding so I'm going to put another cave in there made out of driftwood. I was wondering if I should take the old cave out and put the new one in or just put the new one in with the old one?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add more females instead of more males as I've heard they breed better with more females than males (but I could never find any females and when I did they put their prices up but I think I have a few young ones that look like they'll be females)

Oh Ok. I just finished the new cave and it looks cool. It's a peice of driftwood with a hole in it then pipe thats got a bigger bit on the end (it's hard to explain). It's pretty long as they're a big pair (there both 10cms). So they better like it because it took me a while to make :lol:

Yeah, it was either luck or it was the fact that I'm just the man 8)

Nah but really... before you try to breed them you have to make sure that they are compatible and like each other and are not squabbling all the time. I know a few people that bought BN's but the pair hated eachother, so yeah it comes down to luck whether they actually want to be or not.

Yeah, it was either luck or it was the fact that I'm just the man 8)

:lol: :lol: LOL :lol: :lol:

The drift wood floated (just my luck :roll: ) so it's just the pipes in there so he may use them as he's hanging around them

He's using the new cave now but he doesn't turn around in it (even though it's big enough). Hopefully they breed in this one as I'll be able to see the eggs and the fry but I don't mind if they breed in any of them as long as they breed 8)