Getting white spot cure out of the carpet :o

i would call a professional carpet cleaner. if anyone can get it out they can.

jae are usually pretty good.

other than that call a carpet layer and have them patch it.

either way it should be fine

or call your insurance company, pay the excess and get them to sort it.

You may even get a new carpet!

use too much it will even stain your silicone and may even make it let go

:o:o:o

Tell me more! Both my tanks have blue silicone (I thinks its just part and parcel of keeping clown loaches, its bound to happen some time) and I haven't had any problems yet.

But I suppose thats what the Irishman said when his horse died, "ah, its never done that before!" :lol:

Oh don't get me wrong, but I am glad it most likely won't come out of the carpet :) I don't want to make an insurance claim unless I can be fairly sure that they won't be able to clean it out and will have to replace it! Otherwise I would rather just spend the $100 or so it will cost to clean it, on a new rug.

Methylene blue I don't know about removing but malachite green can be neutralized with SO2. Sodium metabisulphite is used by home brewers to sanitize bottles and will remove the green stain. Methylene blue was used to treat athletes foot. Forget the smell of wintergreen and look at your feet. Best guess might be nappie san it is used to remove beetroot and red wine stains from tableclothes by caterers. When in solution it produces sodium carbonate (washing soda) and sodium peroxide.

I recommend you spill it over the rest of your carpet. The stain will not come out. Your only options are to replace the carpet or use the meth-blue to dye the rest of the carpet the same colour... 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have actually phoned the insurance company and they are sending Jae up to clean it. Now I just hope they don't get it out. I managed to drop the bottle in the doorway and it spilt into my son's room and the hallway so here's hoping they fail and then replace the carpet. We were planning to recarpet in a year or two anyway.

Might be best if this thread "disappeared" "accidentally" :roll:

Nah it's not as if I deliberately wrecked the carpet, and I don't think it's 'wrong' to hope they can't get the stain out. And if they can get it out I have clean carpet again and if they can't, the policy is replacement, it's all above board! :)

na that is a legitimate insurance claim.

You'd be amazed at what you can claim for (one of my exs worked at IAG as a Claims Advisor).

I have had my house and contents insurance since we bought our house 11 years ago, and have never made a claim, but I dropped my camera on honeymoon and it broke. It was a second hand camera I bought from a friend for $200. Then I bought a $100 replacement camera while on holiday from a supermarket in France and my husband dropped it (yes we do seem like complete losers but we really aren't! :o ) and both cameras were broken. When we returned someone suggested we claim though our travel insurance. We had to send them both cameras and they sent us a $1200 Camera House voucher. Super sweet!