Target on tv3 Now

cichlid7

Tiden

The public expect you to get the materials spending your time to get them. Next they will often expect you to use your van/truck to go and pick them up. They next complain that your not on the job and dont want to pay for your time.

90% of jobs that are run by the owners are stuffed up and just not organised and Target has the cheek to complain about charging a little on the costs

(In case you havnt picked up on it, target is my pet hate :oops: )

A good example of that attitude is in building a house. The most expensive but safest way is to get an architect to design and supervise the construction. Often a builder will design and build and then there is little independant supervision. People forget that the Inspector is there to seek compliance with the building code and some godam awful buildings can comply with the code. The good jobs are the ones where the owner knows everything and applies as the builder when making the Building Consent application, then employs the cheapest "builders" to do the work labour only. When it all turns to custard because no one knows what they are doing they all try to blame everyone else. THE OWNER IS THE BUILDER AND IS THEREFORE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUBBIES---COMES AS A SHOCK TO SOME.

at the end of the day there's no excuse for a tonne of contractors going through women's panty drawers and doing a bunch of other similar unacceptable type behaviour. so what if 90% are good? 10% are out there being as dodgy as they like I think they Target is great in the way it will make "them" think twice. Then there's the old lady gagged by her homecare worker... scary to think of what could be out there that Target hasn't covered. Heard of scary stories when ppl knew fish were being transported (knew a girl that used to work at a courier depot) like shaking the box.. :evil: :evil:

'at the end of the day there's no excuse for a tonne of contractors going through women's panty drawers "

Thats exactly the problem Luke... How many have you seen do that?

A tonne ? Ton = 100 in speed?

I know that on the first show... the one where the sparky did that... they filmed over 20 people and came across only one and since then (4 years plus I think) there has never been another like him.

Problem is that people in offices look down on tradesmen (and I include courier drivers) but they all have 4 years training and exams to pass. Most of the people looking down on these guys have had no or very little training to even start compareing. Yes, there is a few bad ones out there. Almost everyone that owes me money is an office worker, profesional office workers are by far the worst

ain't it funny that those office folk with hardly any "training" are getting paid more than tradesmen with a 3-4 year apprentiship etc. Speaking from experience. I am doing a printing 3 year printing apprentiship, when I become a certified tradesman I will be earning a reasonable wage, yet work has just hired someone to basically, munipulate and position images on a computer screen and hit "print" this person has absolutely no experience in the printing industry and yet is getting paid about 1/3 more per hour than what I would get as a tradesman printer. No wonder They sit in their airconditioned office looking down on us sweating it out in the factory.

Anywho, getting a bit off the topic.

I once worked for a different courier company who paid a company driver more money for less work and no overheads than I was being paid as a contractor with a $43,000.00 investment and overheads. The same company paid someone to sort freight and serve customers a higher rate of renumeration than I was earning as a driver and although this is not the norm it is not unusual because there is a shortage of couriers in most areas due to the stressfull nature and pay structure of the job. Even the dogs do not like me as I have been bitten 13 times. :cry: I must be the slowest courier in town cos 1 of them only had 3 YES 3 legs :oops: