Help with discus fins

cichlid7

Can anybody recommend a site (with pic's) to check out what diff conditions look like (pref associated around discus). Dont have any issues with mine but would like to do some study incase something crops up.

Have tried to do a search on here and google but with no real luck? :oops:

Hi

Check PH as it looks like been burnt..If PH you have is drops and shows yellow the test may very well be out of it normal range and be way lower..

To prove lower or not..Test tank and if yellow you will think 6.8 but now test common tap and should be blue..7 .2 or higher..

Take same amount of tank to tap water,,Mix and test..if its 6.8 to there abouts it should go green to ...So if still yellow then PH could be as i think a way lot lower and acid burnt fish...Baking soda can if crease Ph but do it slowly..But i dont think you can stop that fungus,,Once in usually to late..

Good luck...Many have be caught be fixes range PH testers and dick smith have a digital tester on special for around 75 dollars and thats what we use if moving fish around..Also large PH drop is fatal....Phill

Can anybody recommend a site (with pic's) to check out what diff conditions look like (pref associated around discus).

here you go hoody, i have found this site to be helpful it also gives recommended dosing rates for mixing meds with food such as metro. also check out the forum section for more detailed info and help :)