Storm 2.0

We have had a civil emergency declared here. There is a cop stuck on Queen Charlotte Drive between one slip, which has covered the road, and one drop, where the road has collapsed :roll:

We have had 70mm of rain in the last 24 hours according to my weather station and our back yard is awash as the sump drain has overflowed. Pond has never been so high either.

Several outlying schools are closed due to no power.

Seddon water supply has been compromised with silt.

People are being evacuated in Picton.

Main roads closed at Renwick, Nelson and Picton I think. Can still get south via east coast but not sure for how long.

Extensive flooding everywhere and one is just behind our place :-?

This is the worst storm I have seen since cyclone bola (bowler) :/

A lot of the more mature locals have been saying this too. They say they cannot recall it this bad up the valley in the last couple of decades.

Sucks to be the cop stuck on the road up Caryl's way!

The local volunteer Fire crew have been up and down our road all day checking things and clearing felled trees on the road. Kudos to them.

we are meant to have 140mm of rain by 3pm tomorrow

HEAVY RAIN WARNING

CANTERBURY: In the 21 hours from 8pm Wednesday to 5pm Thursday, 120 to 150mm of rain is likely about the foothills, with 40 to 60mm over the plains. Snow is expected above 700 metres at first, but the snow level should rise during Thursday.

mmm I just got in from work and its pretty wet out there! I had to remove the liner from a turtle pond last wk as is leaking and haven't been able to find something strong enough (and affordable) to replace it yet...but tonight the hole has filled up with water anyway! :) Pity it won't stay there tho. Oh well, 10 turtles spending another night in the bath! :o

The sun is out this morning so thats nice... Took me and 1.15 hour yesterday to get to uni and that normal only takes me 20 mins... Im going to have to go scrape the mud off my horses today.

Hope everyone elce is ok.

HEAVY RAIN WARNING

CANTERBURY: In the 21 hours from 8pm Wednesday to 5pm Thursday, 120 to 150mm of rain is likely about the foothills, with 40 to 60mm over the plains. Snow is expected above 700 metres at first, but the snow level should rise during Thursday.

Thats what Mr Leslie said :lol: (Geo teacher)