How much do you feed your fish?

si_sphinx

how many times a day/24hs should cichlids be feed.

I'm feeding mine 3-4 times a day or every time they all come to they front of the tank looking for food.

I don't think i am over feeding them because they always eat every bit up but they always seem hungry later on.

They get flakes and cichlid sticks and occasionally a bit of blood worm which they go crazy 4.

do i need to feed them more often or is this too much?

Im a bit naughty.I feed my fish that many times to.I surpose it depends on how much your feeding out each time.Some people break one feeding into three.I over do it,but i do a water change every three days.And its hard they keep looking at me.Mitzy said my sharks are fat.I dont think they are.Fish grow fast in my tank,so i must be doing some thing right.

I feed the uarus and severums twice a day with pellets in the morning and either pellets or frizen food (discus tucker, seriously green, shrimp, bloodworms). The 3' with the heckelii, balzani, sajica etc usually get 3 feeds a day, two of pellets/crumble one of meaty foods. That regime + regular water changes has seen great growth and brilliant colours in all of them.

Oh, and the big ornate gets a few big pieces of shrimp chucked in every 1-2 nights after lights out.

I feed my fish 2-3 times a day, (enough for them to eat each snack time)... And shrimp diced at night an hour or so before lights out and some lights out when nocturnal feeders are most active.

I feed fry (brineshrimp, microworms etc) 4-5 times a day.. and our baby Oscars even more so, along with bare bottom tank cleans and syphon once or twice a day (water change).

Oscars would have to be the most demanding fry we have raised out of the larger cichlids :lol: Surprise!!!!

once per day and if they do not eat the food quickly enough they do not get fed at all the next day. In the wild fish never know when their next meal is coming.

:o that may be true but fish grow quicker and are healthier if they get a decent feed each day. :)

Sold the last of my discus over the weekend and they used to get something almost everytime I walked passed.

fry and juvis - often as I can and tank a little warmer.

Americans- couple of times a day on varied diet. I have plecs in with Americans so there is often a lights out feed.

Africans- once a day usually, these guys are the easiest to gauge as their body shapes are great indicators of under or over feeding. I've seen so many peacocks dragging their bellies around.