Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arowana Pic... OLD POSTS Check Dates before replying

Featured Replies

  • Author

Your pic is really cool as well TA. How did you find him with the Clown Knife? We have a Clown Knife but ours is still small under 20cm. But one day my partner would like to get him a big tank of his own. The arowana is in a 1000litre tank its just the blue paint that looks like a swimming pool.

Your pic is really cool as well TA. How did you find him with the Clown Knife? We have a Clown Knife but ours is still small under 20cm. But one day my partner would like to get him a big tank of his own. The arowana is in a 1000litre tank its just the blue paint that looks like a swimming pool.

I had to seperate them during feeding, but other than that they got on really well

  • 1 month later...

Hi guys nice photos, I have a black arowana i will post a pic as soon as the little shit will stay in one place for me so i can take it..

simple dog psycology.

I am the biggest fish in the tank, no one comes near me unless they want a beating :)

I also have a giant gourmai that is 1.5 feet long, I had to slap here in the fac e twice before she learnt that I am the big fish.

My arowana, I had to scare once, and now he knows :)

When I'm in the tank, everybody hides, and I don't get bitten

  • Author

That's an awesome little fish, I would love one! I have never seen one before. Our big one is really fussy and won't eat anything we been giving him starting to get irritated. He's been offered a mouse three times and he refuses each time, he also wont eat his herrings.

I would say around 5inches at this stage and a very very happy wee thing.

Feeding had been a wee issue he had been eating a special arowana food but they no longer bring it into the country so had to change it.

That was rather simple starved him for 3 days then put in new brand food into tank some JBL stuff i was given a sample to try ( I can find out what it is if you wanted to try it out ) but he seems to like it so its all good.

A good friend of mine has 3 arowanas, 1 black, 1 voilet fusion and 1 red tail gold they use shrimp 99% of the time and on the odd feeding pellet food.

This little fish is paying for a holiday overseas will be selling him at some stage the price will be up there as only 3 in NZ and not to sure if anymore will be imported.

This is my first arowana so still finding out all the info i can if i can be of anymore help let me know

tanks size 36 - 18 - 18

ph 6.5, loads of plants ( they are a good filter )

temp 25

water turn over 400l ph so tank turns over twice an hour and a peat base ( good for plants and keeps ph down ) low ph is good so im told anything below 7 so you dont run the risk of ammonia

i have sold about 20 black arowana they are so cute and are nice because they dont grow as big

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.