First look at the new setup

Pies

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thanks guys. I don't think its the nicest looking tank in the country though, but I appreciate the sentiment. It is really comming along and starting to show potential.

Your right about the size RNB. The photos are deceptive, its a large tank by many peoples standards.

Thanks guys!

Pie

really nice bro. any chance of some midway shots? most of your shots are of the whole tank or really close up. perhaps a few that show about half a dozen corals in one shot? i saw one or two a few pages back they look wicked.

also, i suggested putting in a 'photography' section to cees who agreed to it. hes putting it up at some stage soon. will be great to see all your photo's posted in their pies rather than having to scrounge through this 23+ page post!!! (i'll be doing the same in due course!!!) that way we can categorise them too (eg: "my fish" and put in all your best shots of your fishies or "inverts at night" etc - im sure you get my drift!)

Some midway shots you say?

2pies290305.jpg

1pies290305.jpg

Nothing but love for the acros, particulary this acro:

3pies290305.jpg

Goniopora coral - Some say near impossibe to keep, time will tell. Anyone with hits or times sing out, love to hear it.

4pies290305.jpg

Suphew and I watched the clowns lay eggs again today:

5pies290305.jpg

This photo shows the femail actually laying the egg onto the rock with her ovipositor:

6pies290305.jpg

Enjoy

Pie

Cool thanks for the correction and info.

Layton, it appears that some people have found this easier to keep than the goni's, which is very encouraging as its such a nice coral.

DiverJohn - You won't need a drysuit ;)

Piemania

at some stage...you should post your comments and fantastic pics on a webpage and inspire the world of aquarists, could write an article explaining your methods, I'm sure you'll be contender for aquarist of the year...I wouldn't have the energy and time for that type of commitment...but you never know how addictive it may get

at some stage...you should post your comments and fantastic pics on a webpage and inspire the world of aquarists, could write an article explaining your methods, I'm sure you'll be contender for aquarist of the year...I wouldn't have the energy and time for that type of commitment...but you never know how addictive it may get

This thread is what inspired me (and his homepage).

I have watched pies setup grow from the original tank and sump to the current outstanding effort.

It may just be that I have not seen enough other tanks, but the thought and research and effort Mark puts in does deserve recognition......

:bow::bow::bow:

didn't caryl mention something about putting togethor a magazine and asking people to write something they know or would like to share????.....would be nice to see that as a feature article in that mag....she also mentions you get the mag for free too....can't remeber where I saw that but it didn't get many replies

Agoh - You are talking about the 'Aquairum World' magizine, which is free for any paid member for the FNZAS, and for me a good enough reason to join a FNZAS affiliated club. I belong to the Kapi Mana club with my partner Jane and like to think of my articles as our clubs contribution to the Aquairum World magizine.

I have been writing for this publication for the last 15 months. The most recent article features the tank being installed and setup including the crane photos etc from this thread.

Join a FNZAS affiliated club and you will receive the mag, simple.

:)

Pie

NOTE: My website is down right now, lack of time and energy, I want to do something with it, just don't have the time. Anyone out there care to build me a new site? I will of course provide all content.