First look at the new setup

Pies

Continued from last night:

Acros from another angle. Cool watching them fight each other for light and space. One growing directly under the other:

pies_271005_1.jpg

My baby fungi:

pies_271005_2.jpg

Live rock hitch-hiker:

pies_271005_3.jpg

The bronze-ish coloured Montipora Reef was talking about:

pies_271005_4.jpg

The same coral as the one about (its broken off from the top one). Same tank, same time. Both photos taken tonight:

pies_271005_5.jpg

Stunning coral with cool history, parent colony from Steve Atkins, Reef and I have it, and now Suphew has it. Originally came from 3 polyps. Awsome:

pies_271005_6.jpg

Full tank shot:

pies_271005_7.jpg

PieMan

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

superb, 8/10 - ya miss a perfect score because as you say, your acro's have certainly lost some colour from last time :( but on the bright side shes recovering! progress photos as they colour would be cool! just pick one or two browner acros and take a pic every week

Continued from last night:

.........Stunning coral with cool history, parent colony from Steve Atkins, Reef and I have it, and now Suphew has it. Originally came from 3 polyps. Awsome:

pies_271005_6.jpg

And I have three more frags attached to rocks and currently maturing.

Steve

Thanks guys. Yeah its all growing and comming along. The layout of the right hand side will change soon. When I get my new reflectors and do my bulb changes I will be removing my large sacrophyton, which is so big you wouldn't be able to get your arms around it. Going to remove a little rock from the right, and move some corals backwards. Reposition the Streams and consider an additional Stream, for a total of 4. Inititally 2 was fine, but as the corals are growing water flow patterns have changed.

Otherwise its very much sit back and watch it grow and mature.

Pie

steve that is an awesome coral, put me down for one of your frags if you're selling them off :D

Not planning on selling them but will be donating them to good homes. Only cost will be freight.

Pies' one is now bigger than it's parent was when I gave him the frag.

Now the parent looks like this.

GreenStylophora.JPG

The big hole in the side is where a rather large blue/pink crab has made it's home. The recent frags are branches that were at the bottom and were about to get shaded out by the growing colony above them. It was either take them as frags or let them die.

Steve