Anyone Ever Been Riped Off On T.M?

dannybanks

Ok heres the story saved up some cash(im a school kid money is hard to come by ;) ) and decided to buy a phone off t2buy on trademe sounded pretty resonable a blackberry pearl 8100 with a free 2 g card well i won the auction on the tenth for $276. + 7.50 postage paid the next day,sent my address details and thought it would be here buy the end of the week went to the mail box every day no show.after a week i emailed him and said what was the problem no reply,emailed him twice more in the following week no reply sunday nyt emailed him and asked him what was happenin and he replyed waht is your home number i need to ring you so you can yell at me on the phone.i gave him my number no call.have emailed him another ten times since then,NO REPLY! have told trademe and for the first time ive been hustled and it isnt a nice feeling makes me not want to use trade me anymore. is there anything more i can do? my brother is a cop and i will inform him tomorrow but is there anything else i can do? thanks

Danny

My flatmate was ripped off too, he bought a laptop for $1500, it arrived and everything but has really bad water damage (the bottom right of the screen looks yuck and the right number pad doesn't work). Anyway, he emailed him many times and he didn't reply, so he contacted trademe and is now taking this chap to court. This guy has had good feedback with many sales until this trade.

It's not cool when people steal from others, I've had many things stolen from me in my time and it's a crap feeling. Guess you've just gotta be persistent and definitely don't let this guy get away with what he's done.

Hmmm is it TM's responsibility tho if the trade has gone through and you have paid, I would have thought it was polices problem.. and maybe small claims court if the guy refuses to come to the party...?? I know TM can contact him over the matter but not sure if they can do anything legally against him.. That is something worth knowing incase others get stung over the same thing..

I really hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later danny, must be awful feeling :-?

Gutted I have been ripped multiple times but have had some good deals :)

I hope that you manage to sort it, and I have to add geeze look at their feedback I would have run a mile before sending them $1..

I was under the belief that trademe and also the police wanted nothing to do with things like this? Even though you have had money stolen I think it happens so much that they aren't willing to help hopefully with your brother being a cop you may have more luck with it..

Good luck sorry to hear you got stung.

Hes drop shipping from China.

Small claims court + details from police would be the go

The disputes tribunal can't do anything until the seller actually disputes the sale. Unfortunately no contact is not a dispute.

Not that I'm sticking up for the seller! lol

And I'm really sorry to hear that =(

The disputes tribunal can't do anything until the seller actually disputes the sale. Unfortunately no contact is not a dispute.

Not that I'm sticking up for the seller! lol

And I'm really sorry to hear that =(

Yeah I think you might be right actually, that is why they have Safetrader. I have used that before for more expensive purchases and it works well.

Hey, I recently got ripped off also not from trade me though.

I brought a 60inch tele for real cheap off a business that repairs televisions it only last 4days, I phoned and he didnt want to pay me back anymoney as it was my problem i brought it. But thankfully my dad gives him lots and lots of business through his work so he spoke to him and i got all my money back.

What i learned from this is. That the disputes tribunal and consumer acts only support you as a consumer if you are buying from a business not from personal sales. ie Trade Me. What ever product you buy even is second hand if brought from a business should last for a certain period of time depending on the product and the amount paid. So unfortunatly you will prob not by covered by either of those but there definatly are other ways to get around this like other people have stated go to police and trade me especially if he has done it a few times.

And sorry to hear about it I know what its like having to save being a student and all to.

good lesson here though

poor student saving heaps to buy a phone paying the best part of $300 for it

Student = learning did you really need a $300 phone when you can buy brand new phone for under $100? yea the $100 phone wont break dance and take photos that are too small to see anyway but when I was young, phones were for phoning people and talking.

Im not trying to give you a hard time and I honestly feel sorry for you but did you really need a $300 when you say that money is hard to come by?

My phone is worth $500 but as I have 4 phones (for my wife and the 2 vans at work), telecom gives us new ones every 2 or 3 years. I have a camera for taking photos and a phone for talking on.

Hey I really hope you get some action on this

What i learned from this is. That the disputes tribunal and consumer acts only support you as a consumer if you are buying from a business not from personal sales. ie Trade Me.

My understanding was that it's lately been interpreted to cover sellers selling on trademe commercially. Which there are heaps. (And they all seem to be asian?)

get your bro to get his address from TM and send da boyz around, Remember if called on it deny deny deny and deny again for good measure your brother is in the biggest gang in NZ, if they cant do the visit I hear the black power collection agency has some pretty good rates 8)

get your bro to get his address from TM and send da boyz around, Remember if called on it deny deny deny and deny again for good measure your brother is in the biggest gang in NZ, if they cant do the visit I hear the black power collection agency has some pretty good rates 8)

Right, because we need more gang altercations in NZ.