June 22, 200818 yr comment_245250 I've had mine for under a year and it's stopped working. It keeps shutting down, won't let me open anything. Is absolutely crap! I have no idea what to do!! It's the white/orange walkman version and is absolutely shocking! Now I'm left without a phone and for a teenager my age... it's quite depressing.. Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245255 put it on trademe! my flatmate got $50 for his cellphone that he dropped in the ocean! and the bidders all knew it didn't work! crazy people. Report
June 22, 200818 yr Author comment_245267 They are usually good phones, take it back?ive heard quite a few people complain about them - this is just my opinion - AND i will also defend it the phones a little bit and say that i am a complete and utter clutz! im sure ive dropped it more times than ive recieved phone calls! Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245278 I wont buy anything that has "sony" on it, been burnt to many times. Report
June 22, 200818 yr Author comment_245282 yeah, im thinking about getting a nokia. ive had one before and i found it quite reliable. also had motorolas (sp) before. they are okay, but tend to stuff up easily too. (personal opinion!!) Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245285 I wont buy anything that has "sony" on it, been burnt to many times. Your insane! lol. Or very unlucky, cos all Sony products ive had have always been great, and the only thing that has craped out was aa ericson fone after 3 years of owning it, I stood on it. Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245298 oh come on... Go N95... You know you want 2... Lol Just don't get the 8gig model. As nice as it is, it doesn't have a memory slot, which the 3gig does. And the memory cards are up 2 8gig now... Report
June 22, 200818 yr Author comment_245300 Oh Gees!! Cheapest one on TM is like $650/700 I am a poor student ! (Taking a loan from the parentals ) Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245309 Oh Gees!! Cheapest one on TM is like $650/700 I am a poor student ! (Taking a loan from the parentals ) Oh wow... Thats actually cheap compared 2 when I got mine. Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245312 Have you updated the software on it recently? http://www.expansys.com.au/ft.aspx?k=82371 Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245359 I find that the Nokias don't have a good battery. after a year they go flat quite quickly. Just got a sony late last year.. only gripe is the joystick which sometimes don't work.. but was warned when I got it Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245365 Your insane! lol. Or very unlucky, cos all Sony products ive had have always been great, and the only thing that has craped out was aa ericson fone after 3 years of owning it, I stood on it. Nah think you have just been lucky, a lot of my friends have had similar experiences, mostly with audio equipment and cameras. I guess it's probably no worse than other middle of the road equipment but you pay a premium for it cause of the Sony badge. Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245496 I actully quite like sony ericsons but hate the damn annoying joy stick thing insted of arrow keys that allows jams. eeerrr. :evil: Nokia are the most simple and easy to use but seem to only make low and high end phones. :roll: I am very happy with my samsung right now though. Report
June 23, 200818 yr Author comment_245497 Took it to two places in the mall today. First place said to take it to the repair store to get it fixed. Second place (where I got it from) said that they could send it away if I put a deposit down of $73.10 which would be returned to me if the error was under warranty, but if it was impact or water damage then thehy would keep it. Decided to live with it screwing up on me for a couple of weeks until I can afford a new phone - would rather put the $73.10 towards a new phone than risk it being spent on my old phone.. Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245501 Nah think you have just been lucky, a lot of my friends have had similar experiences, mostly with audio equipment and cameras. I guess it's probably no worse than other middle of the road equipment but you pay a premium for it cause of the Sony badge. Nope,im never lucky lol,youve jst got bad luck . My Friend had a good sony sound system in his truck and it was awesome! and we have always had Sony for stereos,and walkmen mp3 players are invincable IME. Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245503 Sony is only average when you look at Tannoy and Denon etc for Hi Fi Equipment, you only get as good as you pay for :lol: :lol: I have a Sanyo phone SCP 7400, which is awesome, I even ran it over in the car and thought it was stuffed, recently took it to the phone shop.. screen fixed and phone still running... have a Samsung too, good phone but nowhere near as tough and good as the Sanyo phone. Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245505 I currently have a sony ericcsion and i love it no matter how often i drop it it always happens to come back to life. Although nokias are good ive always had nokias this is my first phone that isnt and its true nokias batteries are unreliable after the first yearish. Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245506 Although For phones i think nokia and samsung are the best. And these are the 2 I have found reliable. Both for features,looks, Durability and Nokias have great battery life IME. And Sanyos are just too Chunky(but still tough) and make that horrible 'click' sound also when there are nice looking ones there are always others made that look the same by other brands first, and the hinges give way very easily,also with Sanyos some features are more difficult to use. Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245509 I had a Nokia in the past of which was a brilliant phone, yet it went walk about :lol: Samsung to me are a bit cheap looking at times, I have one and the buttons aren't as comfy to use as the Sanyo either 8) Report
June 23, 200818 yr comment_245514 I always come back to Nokia aswell, my current phone a Nokia 6300 is I reckon the best phone I have ever had. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.