Who has the oldest fish??

MarkLB

Hi all.

I'm surfing the net at the moment looking for sites that give the life expectancy of captive tropical fish. (Please post if you know of any)

It got me wondering how old other peoples fish are. I've only been keeping fish for 3 years so my oldest fish are, funnily enough, 3 years old, a pair of BNs :) but I know there's many on this forum who have been in this hobby for a lot longer. Here's a thread by Sweetysmum that celebrates Sweetys birthday. Sweety is a 25 year old Clown Loach :hail:

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/happy- ... 31113.html

So tell us....how old is your oldest fish??

Interesting stuff people, cheers :bow:

It's looking like Sweety the Clown loach takes the lead for the tropicals, so far, at 25 years.

For coldwater....it's going to be hard to beat an eel at 50+ :lol:

I like the idea of having an old fish. It seems to be the larger species that live longer. Pity I don't have the tank for a monster fish.....I guess I'll have to remedy that one day :lol:

Hi All

The oldest fish that I still have and breed from him occassionally is my golden male angel.

At this point in time he is seven and half years old and very placid even though he is the size a a saucer.

Long may he live.

:bow:

Pics!!! :bounce: :bounce: