I hate DIY...

Ira

After climbing up and down into the attic a dozen times, removing 1 dead rat, getting covered with fiberglass insulation...I have discovered 2 things.

1. I can't install my heat transfer kit thermostat where I want because I can't get the wires down in the wall there is obviously a crosspiece between the studs in the way.

2. An Energizer Rechargable flashlight, when crawling around in a pitch black attic with no alternative lightsource, gives you 10 seconds between the light dimming and totally going out.

The crosspiece is called a dwang - and you can get long multipiece drill bits for drilling cable holes in them from Mitre10 etc. :wink:

That would be a good idea, unfortunately, because I have about 3 inches of space between the dwang at the top of the wall and the roof...Well, my drill alone is far longer than that. Maybe if I drilled from the on top of the roof down?:P

And while you are at it get an LED headlamp for next to nothing that lasts 10,000 hours.

I might as well get an LED bulb for the flashlight I have.

Oh, and it's only the LED that will last for 10,000 hours, the batteries in that headlamp won't last anywhere near that long.

The crosspiece is called a dwang - and you can get long multipiece drill bits for drilling cable holes in them from Mitre10 etc. :wink:

hmmm its a nogging isnt it :D

just cut some holes in your gib just below and one just above drill a hole in your nogging and pass your wire though easy as do it all the time

wallframe_wallframe1.gif

Slappers, you have to realise that Thecounch is from a different country and they use different language.

Either is correct but Dwangs are what those in the cold south call Noggins.

They also refer to bachs as cribs... a funny lot down that way arnt they :wink:

so trained rat or flexidrive it is then ? :D

Or put it somewhere else.

It is right above a light switch(Which is one of the reasons I thought to put it there in the first place) maybe I could tape the wires to the wires for it along with a rope or something, drag them back up into the attic, pull off the wires for the heat transfer kit and then drag the switch's wires back using the rope?

Because, I haven't got a clue where they actually are travelling through the walls.

have done it once before with a length of soft thick wire and a lot of manipulation trying to thread the holes

when through, then attaching the cable and pulling through

can you detach one of the light wires and pull a string through to top then repeat the process back and forth till job is done

turn power off first though :o:o:cry: :oops:

have done it once before with a length of soft thick wire and a lot of manipulation trying to thread the holes

when through, then attaching the cable and pulling through

can you detach one of the light wires and pull a string through to top then repeat the process back and forth till job is done

turn power off first though :o:o:cry: :oops:

Yeah, I think I'll give that a try.

Although...

I can see this resulting in me not having any power at all going to the light switch.;)