Albino Senegal tankmates

Foxjxa

I'm just wondering what tankmates are suitable for an Albino Sen, if you know of any can you please list them here.

I don't want to make any mistakes with my future-little-guy/girl, so any help would really be appreciated. :bow:

Datnoids

Oscars

Other bichirs

Pleco's

Arowana's

Anything thats not overly aggressive and wont fit it is each others mouth's.

Yeah watch the oscars if its a big one and your Bichir is little....hmmm fat worm yum :roll:

My Texas, completely ignores my ornate, even when it swims right in front of it, it must just be so different it doesn't seem like a threat

albinos should get same as regular senegul will be fine with aros dats and oscars if full grown

dont put any small plecos with them had a orante eat a clown pleco dont kno how it could get it in its mouth but it did , the clown got stuck and they both died.

LABYRINTH FISHES

Ctenopoma .acutirostre-Ctenopoma acutirostre

Ctenopoma oxyrhynchus-Ctenopoma oxyrhynchus

Ctenopoma kingsleyae-Ctenopoma kingsleyae

MISC>

Elephantnose-Gnathonemus petersii

African butterfly-Pantondon bucholzi

African Knifefish-Xenomystus nigri

CHARACINS

Silver dollar-Metynnis argenteus

Distichodus notospilus-Distichodus notospilus

Congo tetra-Phenacogrammus interruptus

Black-Barred Myleus-Myleus schomburgki

Filament tetra-Bryconaethiop microstoma-Anne

Thanks for all the help guys! :D

I've just found out that I probably won't be getting my bubba albino sen until early August. :( (It's got a lot of quarantine time to do... oh and it has to be born first!) Which makes me think, seeing as I have the time, I might do a bio-type tank...

Ctenopoma acutirostre - I picked up one of those yesterday, YAY! (they have HUGE mouths!)

Also, Animates suggested that full-grown (and chubby) Black Line Flying Foxes would be suitable tank mates/cleaner crew... but they're quite thin and I have this horrible image of them being slapped between two buns and being eaten like a hot dog! :o

I was thinking of that, but I'm happy to wait. I've got both Wet Pets and Animates on the case... and surprisingly the latter is offering me the cheapest price!

I must learn to be patient as well, no use getting my bubs to find out I have the wrong 'whatever'... plus it will be good to use this time to really grow out my plants/find real African plants and tankmates, etc etc.

I went into Animates today to ask if there was anyway they could order an Albino Sen from one of their other stores, but apparently no other Animates store in the country has young albino's. :(

So I started asking about what types of African Catfish there were, what was suitable, etc etc.... Decided on getting a Choc talking Catfish. When we went to check on their 'list' if they could order one in for me by next week, right in the middle of the 'list', in nice bold letters was Golden Senegal. :o

After much giggling and not-so-much girlish squealing, it was determined that they are able to order in a 10cm bubba Golden/Platinum (whatever you want to call it) Senegal for me by NEXT WEEK!!

:bounce:

So, as of next Tuesday, I will have a bubba Golden Sen swimming around my tank! Along with a 6cm Chocolate Talking Catfish and a teeny Whiptail. :roll: Those 'buy 2 get one free' deals are killing me...

I am so EXCITED!

Ok, now I'm done acting like a little girl... I hope.

I won't be getting Dat's, so no worries there!

I'm already paranoid my tank won't be big enough for them, I certainly wouldn't put a Dat in anything smaller than.... well smaller than a bigger tank than mine! That probably doesn't make sense. :lol:

By the end of next week, the tank's residents will be 1 of each of the following:

-Leopard Ctenopoma

-Platinum Senegal

-Chocolate Talking Catfish

-Whiptail Catfish

I was trying to make it a tank full of non-cichlid Africans, but I haven't actually checked where the Whiptail comes from... I'm guessing NOT Africa! I think the tank upper/middle regions will look be looking pretty empty too, so I may have to find something to go there. But for now I'm more worried about the lack of plants.

We shall see!

Yeah, I've seen them talking and vibrating - very very cool fish. 8)

Well at least now I can stop fretting over where fish come from, Robin from Animates now thinks I'm insane.

Robin: Just get those fish, they're big enough.

Me: Nooo, they're not from Africa!

Robin: Get cichlids then?

Me: Nooo, I don't want cichlids!

Time to go hunting for more oddballs.... :D

It was listed as Golden, but I was then told they're also called Platinum.... which sounds 'posh'-er so I like saying that! Should I just call it Golden? :oops:

Either way it should turn out to be white-bodied with yellowish fins and black eyes. But I won't know for sure 'till Tuesday. I'm not fussed so long as it's healthy and doesn't hate me! :D