I need help deciding which to keep:

FreedingFrenzy

I have 4 different types of schooling fish but ideally I'd like only two or even one type.

The four I have right now are:

Zebra Danios - which seem to have the best character

Glowlight Tetra - which are big and seem to rule the roost a bit

Neon Tetra - which are bright and colourful, and

Black Widow Tetras - which are big and quite pretty

But I only want one or two types... I just don't know which to keep...

Can you guys please help me decide? Which do you like most from personal experience?

Thanks!

I like my glowlights, mine are pretty chilled and laid back, and they're more interesting than I first thought. They're definately a must-have for my community tank(s).

I don't know what the others are like to keep, sorry. :(

Have fun choosing!

Yeah, I have neons and glowlights together too and they look great. Mine are about the same size and I like how they are exactly the same shape but different colours.

So that's my recommendation :wink:

I did some research on several types of tetra's last week because I set up a new tank and needed something to go with my tiger barbs.

My recomendation would be to google each type, go to 3 sites of each and note down all the pro's and con's of each, narrow it down to fit to what YOU as a aquarist are trying to achieve. Then go with your gut feeling. :wink:

As for trying for another tank, get your parents involved (Mum might be easiest) Work on the guilt feeling that getting rid fish is stressful for them and not the best for their health... and so on.