GOLDFISH MARKETS in HONG KONG - Pictures this time :)

Clintrockevans

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:13 pm Post subject: GOLDFISH MARKETS in HONG KONG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Just come back from a trip to Hong Kong and visited the goldfish markets, this is a whole street of Goldfish, Arros, Discus etc. What the amazing thing is the amount of beautiful orandas and the prices they go for. Some of them are huge with bodies upto 20cm long with huge heads.

One of the pics has all these Red Cap Orandas and they are $4.50nz and on TM they would sell for $250+. If only you could import them...haha. Anyways enjoy and post any comments I will be happy to answer.

Absolutely amazing...

>http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/clintrockevans/390_9068_1.jpg

>http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/clintrockevans/390_9064_1.jpg

393_9352_1.jpg

Wow thanks for sharing, there are some beauty fish, but gee they packed in like sardines in a can :o

Theres places that pack more fish in a small space, saw 2ft fish in a tank that where only cm's longer than the fish.

The fish market we saw in Hong Kong (probably the same one as above) was a whole street of just fish.

They also had several streets of craft stuff - shop after shop just selling buttons, bows, ribbons, lace etc :o

The fish market we saw in Hong Kong (probably the same one as above) was a whole street of just fish.

They also had several streets of craft stuff - shop after shop just selling buttons, bows, ribbons, lace etc :o

Near Nathan road?

Theres one big market. It even on the local maps!

Yeah that was it. 8)

We also visited the nearby ladies' market, flower market, bird market, electronics market and jade market, to name a few. We stayed just off Nathan Rd opposite the Temple St night markets (our favourite)

Yes the Goldfish market fulls up a street in Mongkok, you take the MTR to the Mongkok station then go out exit b2, its easy to find and yes its next to the ladies market. There are probably around 100 goldfish shops on the street and down the alley ways. Truely amazing place, I just wish I could have bought the bloodline back :)

Look at the quality of the tank of red cap orandas and work out how many fish were culled to end up with a tank of that quality (considering they would have kept the best ones to be future breeders). I would be surprised if there were that many red cap orandas of that quality in the whole of NZ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...