all my fish are dead

Loopy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the plug the tanks were all hooked up to got knocked. :cry:

all tanks are in the garage (no insulation yet) and it was a frost last night. I have plugged everything back in to let the tanks slowly warm up again and see if anyone defrosts over the next while.

There is a tiny bit of life in the form of a pearl danio doing lazy upside down circuits, a couple of black widow tetras, some platies and possibly 2 young bettas.

All my stunning veiltail angels (10+), mature male and female BN, breeding pair of whiptails, the discus, Mr Knifey (my BGK), Harry the palembang puffer, 5 of my silver dollar babies, all my kribs and convicts (pink and normal), 2 skunk loaches, an albino rainbow shark... just to name some of the critters i have lost so far. (just seems to be all my favourites dead so far :cry: )

tank temps are around 10 - 13*C. I hate to think how cold they may have been at around 6am this morning! :o

It is an incredibly eerie sight to see at least a hundred or so fish bodies lying on the bottoms of 3 tanks. Like they ALL just lay down and went to sleep.

I feel awful... :cry:

You must be devastated

You have no idea.

I was having a bad day anyway. This was the icing on the cake really.

The fish i am really greiving for at the moment are the angels Harry, and Mr Knifey.

Mr knifey was my birthday present a couple of years ago from hubby and was a true favourite. I loved watching him evovle from the shy timid fish that was a treat to see out to him being the bossy bold and entertaining bully he became. R.I.P :cry:

And the angels were Just starting to pair up and i had 2 pairs spawn just recently. I didn't manage to get any fry from them but was looking forward to setting them up in the fish room and letting them go. They were spawned from Black zebra lace veiltail males and gold or wildtype females and were very pretty fish. I was really looking forawrd to seeing what the next generation turned out like.

Harry was just Harry and was wonderful in her own special way *double :cry: *

Thanks for the offers folks. I will get back to you when i have decided where to head from here. :-?

Can I ask how they met there end?

They will have all basically been frozen to death.

Tanks temp got down to at least 10*C would have been lower than that earlier in the day. All heater, filters, and lights were unplugged when the plug got knocked and i guess it had been knocked early last night when any of us were last near the plug.

A painful test to see which fish can tolerate the cold?

So sorry for your loss Loopy. :cry:

I have 3 male Kribs looking for homes...they are free if you wanted one or 2 ( or 3 :wink: ). I can also give you a couple of juvenile BNs if you want them.

A mate of mine ( you've met him) is selling a BGK at the moment if you were interested.

Hi Loopy

I'm so sorry for your loss, losing any fish is upsetting ,but to lose so many must surely be devastating. Every fish keeper can certainly sympathize.

When you've had time to grieve and consider what you want to do, maybe you might like to look at you having a go with one of my discus breeding pairs?

Kind regards, TGWH

Any one who has been to our place recently would of seen our 12+ tanks in operation. Now think of all those fish in 3 tanks. To put it bluntly I'm really pissed off!!!! I have organised cable from a power line maintainence company but alas too late. I don't even want to go into the garage to see the survivors

Mr L