**Tropheus Moorii**

Johannes Visser

Tropheus moorii "Red Rainbow" ...

Tropheus moorii 'Ilangi

Tropheus moorii ndole red ...

Tropheus moorii Ikola :roll:

I put through a request to get 15 of each of the above :roll:

They are on the list allowed to come in but............................................. The reason why we don't often get in the more expensive cichlids is the fact that they kill each other during quarantine or so it was said when I inquired ! Offered to even pay a deposit :cry: that is enough to make me get seriously depressed. :o

Don't get me wrong I understand things never go 100% right all the way But I feel we are getting deprived !

There are 40 variants of Tropheus Moorii the list does not state which ones !

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Am I reading this right have you ordered 15 of each of those fish? lol meaning around $5-6k worth of fish? Or will they not even consider getting them because of the reasons you listed?

Ikola and pemba are in NZ and as far as I know at least one person is breeding them.

:o Am I reading this right have you ordered 15 of each of those fish? lol meaning around $5-6k worth of fish? Or will they not even consider getting them because of the reasons you listed?

Ikola and pemba are in NZ and as far as I know at least one person is breeding them.

Offer to pay half deposit! balance on arrival (Of LIVE FISH)

If all goes well we will get some only 4 Kiriza :( better than none and at least 15 Pemba :wink:

Thanks to a fab guy who is helping me :bounce: :bounce

Tropheus sp. "Black" (Kiriza)

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1842

Tropheus sp. "Black" (Pemba)

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1846

For sure good luck with them..

I have been tempted but always worried about paying top $$ for fish that may or maynot have been looked after by the shop/importers with tropheus that can cark it for no reason and some people have no idea how to look after it would be a major concern for me especially considering what they're worth..

For sure good luck with them..

I have been tempted but always worried about paying top $$ for fish that may or maynot have been looked after by the shop/importers with tropheus that can cark it for no reason and some people have no idea how to look after it would be a major concern for me especially considering what they're worth..

Yip you do remember what happen when Lynn come home with Ikola and T Duboisi fry about 2 years ago, :o

We will do everything we can to give these a better chance at a long healthy and prospers life !

Glad to hear it sounds like you have things sorted with the other colony so fingers crossed for you :) Maybe one day ill get the guts up to give them a go too lol

T Duboisi are going very well there is at least 15-20 hard to tell for sure :o more new fry from the last time :D The bigger one's seem to bully them but they manage because there is more than enough hiding space ! :wink:

Tropheus can be very frustrating but also can be rewarding. Ive had my ups and downs but you just got to stick at it and keep an eye on them every possible chance you have.

At the mo my Tropheus Moori and Ikola are breeding well, not the biggest batches, but ok.

T.Pembas showing activity now.

T.Brichardi going thru the stages of breeding but no holding yet.

T.Bula points just living. :)

And my T.D (white band) male very lonely looking for a female.

Tropheus can be very frustrating but also can be rewarding. Ive had my ups and downs but you just got to stick at it and keep an eye on them every possible chance you have.

At the mo my Tropheus Moori and Ikola are breeding well, not the biggest batches, but ok.

T.Pembas showing activity now.

T.Brichardi going thru the stages of breeding but no holding yet.

T.Bula points just living. :)

And my T.D (white band) male very lonely looking for a female.

OH michael is alive :D Have you got any more peacocks that you want to sell? maybe your reds :roll: :wink:

I would like to say that mine are doing well.......but I had to tell Mike that most of the duboisi I got off him died due to my hyper male :evil:

This was a little while ago and I am still guttered about the whole thing and wished I took the existing males out of my old tank but thought hey different tank different setup :oops:

Man was I wrong! Hope everything goes well for you both with the new arrivals to come :bounce:

Tropheus moorii "Red Rainbow" ...

Tropheus moorii 'Ilangi

Tropheus moorii ndole red ...

Tropheus moorii Ikola :roll:

There are 40 variants of Tropheus Moorii the list does not state which ones !

AFAIK The list only goes down to species level, different varieties or subspecies don't matter. Not sure what happens when its an unidentified species (eg; Tropheus Sp. 'Ikola'), maybe just ask them to call it moorii. ;)

I would like to say that mine are doing well.......but I had to tell Mike that most of the duboisi I got off him died due to my hyper male :evil:

This was a little while ago and I am still guttered about the whole thing and wished I took the existing males out of my old tank but thought hey different tank different setup :oops:

Man was I wrong! Hope everything goes well for you both with the new arrivals to come :bounce:

Sorry to hear that I think you need to start fresh :wink:

It's a huge gamble of as they are not cheep and yes we did lose our very first lot.

Hope things go better this time round ! :roll:

AFAIK The list only goes down to species level, different varieties or subspecies don't matter. Not sure what happens when its an unidentified species (eg; Tropheus Sp. 'Ikola'), maybe just ask them to call it moorii. ;)

Yip that would be nice I have had my eyes on the Petrochromis for so long :( some would be so nice! :wink:

Maybe it comes down to contacts our importers have as well. Do they have regular opportunity to get their hands on those fish. Then at what price?

Are importers going take such a risk anyway. I've tried to keep young tropheus going and even in optimum conditions and they are delicate . And for the price to be realistic the fish are going to be young.

The quarantine process would have toll for sure. Even with a deposit I could see that tank space could be better utilised to make money which importers are in the game to do.

Getting certain fish here is a labour of love - and in a supply and demand game.

What do the constitutions of local clubs allow?

Under what Auspices can you mobilise a group to find a different way to achieve the goal?

Unfortunately the system is the system here.

I've still got 2 of the ikola going- and would still love a Tropheus tank.

http://trophs.com/gallery/

Especialy when you see what is around.

• 2 weeks later...