A. australe have good hearing.

alanmin4304

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) for many weeks to get australe chocs and golds to produce a few eggs. After no luck with a number of pairs of mature well conditioned chocs I set up my mature gold female with a randy little teenager that grew up from eggs donated by Barrie. Day 1,2,3,4 bought an increasing leval of frustration and mumbling and today they produced 18 eggs. So they can hear those rude words that I was mumbling towards them. They could be on daphnia and soft lighting tonight.

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) for many weeks to get australe chocs and golds to produce a few eggs. After no luck with a number of pairs of mature well conditioned chocs I set up my mature gold female with a randy little teenager that grew up from eggs donated by Barrie. Day 1,2,3,4 bought an increasing leval of frustration and mumbling and today they produced 18 eggs. So they can hear those rude words that I was mumbling towards them. They could be on daphnia and soft lighting tonight.

Maybe they need some soft music and candles :D

Interesting indeed

Today mine laid 22 from a trio after a few days with nothing... wonder if its to do the faze of the moon... serious thought as birds and fishing in general have a colse relationship to the moon