Filter Rattle

Aquarium Dude

I have done everything I can to get the air out. The filter is very big (about 20kg) so it is quite difficult to move to get the air out.

I think that all the air has gone now but it is still making this horrible noise (for the first time in 1.5yrs)

Thanks for the suggestions

I've had that problem with a 2400. It was due to an unbalanced impellor. You could feel the vibration when you took the impellor out and spun it by hand on the shaft. I took it back to the shop where I bought it from and they organised a replacement free of charge.

I've since replaced it with an FX5 and I now use the 2400 outside on my pond.

What do you think of the quality of the 2200/2400, I have had to resort to prying the top of with a screw driver after both the side lift handels have broken. Overall I am not happy with the quality and wouldnt buy another one.

I have always considered replacing it with the fx5 but they can be quite expensive

Yeah I had the same problem with my 2400. I got a new set of handles as well, free of charge of course.

I've had no problems with my 2200 which is why I bought a 2400, and until I put it outside I cursed it daily. Even with the new impellor it hummed incessantly. But outside it's drowned out by the waterfall.

I certainly would never recommend them to anyone, the price difference for an fx5 outways the hassle factor tenfold.