SHipping Large tanks between the nth and sth islands.

Dixon1990

I recently shipped a tank from Napier to Auckland with Mainfreight. The company I work for has found them to be the best for commercial...

It cost about $360 to ship a crate 2.6m x 1.7m x 0.95m and weighed 800kg all packed. Smaller tanks would cost considerably less. I just packed it pretty well with a lot of padding (75mm thick of poly-bubble) and labeled it up as a glass aquarium - please don't break me.

No carrier I talked to will insure a glass tank though. I did try Conroys but they were one of the most expensive and they eventually refused anyway as it was just too big.

Chch to Auckland is a pretty standard run for them i spose, to get the same tank to say Rotorua is over double.

You can take a look here if you want, this is just the Fliway m2 rate worked out on some standard size tanks to a few places around NZ.

http://www.insideoceans.co.nz/Links/frieght.jpg

I sould also add this is without the fuel sercharge of about 5% i think at the moment.