Breeding fighters

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For goodness sake - don't panic, you are worse than me :D

If the eggs are good he will eventually pick them up and put them back.

They seem to know if the eggs are fertile.

By mid-late afternoon tomorrow they will probably begin to hatch and continue to do so until at least the following day.

I had a male once who kept going up to his nest and thrashing around underneath it spilling eggs everywhere.

He still hatched heaps.

Even if there only seems to be a few there at the end of it keep tending to the tank like there are fry. IME there are always some that survive even when you think nothing has hatched.

All is going well now that the male has got the hang of it.every 3-4 minutes he'll swim down to the bottom and look for any eggs that may have got past him when he's cleaning the eggs (theres ussually 3-4 that get past him). he is really fast at catching them (even if he is clumsy and knocks a few eggs out the nest :x:x ).

it'll look very much like the root off a piece of duckweed or like a piece of string hanging down from the bubbles, you probably won't be able to see the head at all. As they hatch they will start to fall to the bottom of the tank and the male will spit them back up as well.

If you don't know what you're looking for it will be very hard to see them, if you've got a magnifying glass it would help.

The other thing you may see if you look carefully and have good eye sight is that the eggs have a black or two black dots in them - these are the eyes.

Part of the egg will be white and part clear. The white is the head and egg sac, the tail wraps around the inside of the bubble above the clear bit.

Don't know if I explained that very well?

What I can see is the white egg and a black dot (I thiught these were the eyes). Then there is a wite string thing (I think this is the tail). But instead of the "tail" going straight down it sort of wraps around the body.

YAY I finnally got fry :bounce: :bounce: I'd like to thank my mum, my dad, my dog, just joking :lol: :lol: How long before it becomes "unstuck"?

The male has become a better egg catcher he can now jugle them if there is to many falling :lol: . Sohow long until the tail comes unstuck??

Hey guys, they've turned intoo little fry :bounce: :bounce: . But most of them are on the bottmo as the male can't keep them up there :lol: :roll:. Should I leave him in there or take him out??

Lol! Up all night were you?

Leave him in there, any assistance he can give the fry until they are strong enough to get themselves back up with increase the numbers you have survive. Not all will make it though.

How many do you think you have? and then multiply it by about 3 and you should be about right.

Congratulations on being a daddy

:lol:

Lol! Up all night were you?

Leave him in there, any assistance he can give the fry until they are strong enough to get themselves back up with increase the numbers you have survive. Not all will make it though. Leave him there until about midday tomorrow. He won't eat them but may carry them in his mouth for a while.

How many do you think you have? and then multiply it by about 3 and you should be about right.

Congratulations on being a daddy

:lol: