March 25, 200818 yr comment_222880 Hey all, Just thought I would post a few pic's of my upgrade, and update it as it goes along. Anyway the tank has had live rock and water in it for just over a week now, and seems to be settling really well. I moved a few of my hardier corals over, over the last few days, and they are all doing great. Anyway here are a few new pic's... and a few of the corals... hope you enjoy... Cheers, jake. Report
March 25, 200818 yr comment_222937 Dammit... No 'drool' emoticon! Stunning pics, as per normal Jacob. Report
March 26, 200818 yr comment_222945 Hey! i recognise those emoticons! :lol: Definitely worthy of the "drool", wish i could take pics like that. Or afford the camera too. Report
March 31, 200818 yr Author comment_223896 Well a few more updates... Picked up my nice clean sump from Drifty A few minutes of TLC and it scrubed up just like a bought one!! Will have another sump under this one, but Drifty and I managed to break the first one when we were emptying in. Also added my first fish too, an Allen's Damsel... He just went in this arvo, so he hasn't coloured up fully, but in the shop this guy was stunning! I have some more pic's which I can put up if anyone is interested... Cheers, Jake. Report
March 31, 200818 yr comment_223974 Hey that looks simular to mine... I got Trent's (Drifty's brother) old one a few weeks ago... I also gave it a bit of TLC and a mod or 2 looking great now!! I have set it up as a frag tank, so when I have my 7 footer up and running I've got goodies to put in it :bounce: Report
April 5, 200818 yr comment_225110 looking good jake! soz, i meant to say good, but i'll let it stand.... Report
April 26, 200818 yr Author comment_229928 Ok, well not much to report really. Been pretty busy with work and stuff, so the tanks still running with half a sump, make shift lights, and not enought flow, but no one seems to complaining too much! Guess it helps that they are mostly softies in there. The coroline has really taken off, and is starting some pretty good spots on the glass. Ithink im getting pretty good growth concidering, my monti has put a good 15mm all round on, the blue ridge has already attached itself to its rock, as have the star polys, and the zoo's have doubled in number. The only coral that isn't doing too well is my cataphillia. Not sure whats going on there, but it wont open up like it wat, and its generally not looking to healthy :? Have moved it, and it seems a lil happier. will see how it goes. I moved the 3 fish from my 2' over (a bangii, a 6 line, and a baby Blue tang), and have added another Allens Damsel. They are all getting along so far. Anyway, I have a few more pic's to share, somehow I forgot to take a full tank shot, but will try to get one up soon. And a couple of fish... This one has really coloured up since I added the second one. Hope you guys enjoy... Cheers, Jake. Report
April 26, 200818 yr comment_229934 Wow, the Damsel is a beauty - great what a bit of company, or competition can do! Report
May 18, 200818 yr Author comment_235531 Cheers guys... Just a quick update. Added a few new corals and also added a couple of new bits of live rock from my nano tank, now that the hair algea is finally gone out of there. Amazing what taking out the fish can do!! Heres a full tank shot (There is also a 20cm toadstool leather in there, but decided to hide itself down the back!! :roll: bloody typical!)... And a few others... Hope you enjoy... Cheers, Jake. Report
June 4, 200818 yr Author comment_240238 Hey guys, A couple of additions in the last week or so. Finally got some more live sand, so I have enought to cover more than half the bottom now!! Also got 4 new softies as well. And I added a pair of Perc's last night. Anyway a couple of pic's... a few of the corals sulking a bit cos I just finnished doing a water change... Hope you enjoy... Cheers, Jake. Report
June 5, 200818 yr comment_240419 Your a ninja with the camera!!! The tank is looking pretty awesome. That pic of the xenia is fantastic Report
June 5, 200818 yr comment_240429 *gobsmacked* I always wanted to know how many teeth a bangaii cardinal had!! Report
June 5, 200818 yr comment_240635 Awesome Are you and reef using the same photographer to get your pics because they are always awesome pics...hehe :oops: I'm just kidding you 2 always take awesome photos Caper Report
June 29, 200818 yr comment_247070 what great photos!!! What camera do you use?? an expensive one Canon 40D from memory? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.