March 12, 200818 yr comment_220139 been thinking about getting this done as a tattoo but think it is probably nicer on the wall so i can see it. Drew it for an art competition a few months ago. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/soggy_fruit_loop/theangel.jpg Dosent some FNZAS club use that as the image? Report
March 12, 200818 yr comment_220147 I take my hat of to the conch. Well written. And I think I know what you mean. I am 6'2'' tall weigh 120kgs and have played Rugby (as a prop(That goes with out saying I guess)) all my life. I am into hunting and fishing and all that typical Kiwi Male stuff. I also show dogs, keep fish and oh I am a Registered Nurse by trade. Try walking into a room filled with 4 90 year old woman and saying "Hullo darling I'm your Nurse for the day"....then see what reaction you get...lol I have 40% of my body Tattooed and Tattoed well. (about 45-50hours now I guess) I will show anyone who wants to see and sometimes after a few beers after Rugby a few who dont...lol. But I made a decision when I got em that I had to be carefull where and what. Each one has a meaning and is personal. But that doesnt mean they are your cup-o-T either. I dont agree with them being used to mark you culturally ..but they do...and none of will ever change that I have looked after 100 year old men and woman with Tattoos and I have looked after 10year olds with them (medical tats) They all wore them with pride. Some of you have met me and would never know..... I wore em at all. I now work in a multimillon dollar business where first impressions are everything and I am not sure Jobstoppers would do me any favours. I see it that, like evrything ...it is more about the person who wears 'em ( or not) than the the fact that they do...or not Once I catch up with the 20th Century I ll try post um pics...lol Navarre Report
March 12, 200818 yr comment_220264 Dosent some FNZAS club use that as the image? I don't think so Report
March 13, 200818 yr comment_220372 Wow there are some really cool tats out there. I guess the thing stopping me from ever getting one is that I don't know what I would get that I would be 100% sure that I would not get sick of or regret for the rest of my life. I do know of people that get them on their backs so they don't have to see it every day, hence not get sick of it (quicker maybe)? The other would be that there aren't many places I could get a tat that I don't have too much body hair :oops: Report
March 13, 200818 yr comment_220399 This is my first and only, from 5 years ago (lighting a bit funny and not too clear, i blame self-timer on camera) Currently designing a group of cherry branches and blossoms, with a pair of bluebirds to cover my upper back, will be colour I'm staying on the fence in the debate, but i will say that my panther was a spur of the moment thing when i turned 18, but i only went ahead with it because i felt drawn to the design (some of it was changed from the original before we started, but otherwise just chosen out of a design book). I wouldn't take it back, so 5 years and counting, still happy. My next tattoo is a representation of both sides of my family - bluebirds for my father's mother (significant jewellery of hers) and that side, and cherry tree for my mum's parents (one is planted at their farm). Report
March 13, 200818 yr comment_220403 The other would be that there aren't many places I could get a tat that I don't have too much body hair :oops: Im glad there is someone else out there that has the same problem, hehe Ive always wanted a wolf howling in front of a full moon, and also sen a awsome back piece of a stag roaring, looked so cool. Barcode on my wrist(so i can hide under watch) would be cool. Actually a real barcode so i can go to warehouse and do a price check on myself to se how much i devalue over time,lol Report
March 13, 200818 yr comment_220507 I only have a couple at the mo, but have a couple planned, but first this is on my upper right arm, is the centre peice of my family crest, but has been tweaked a little to reflect my taste more. And this is on my left shoulder blade, the black is a tribal piece i drew myself and the red is my star sign, which i had woven into it. They are a little on the rough side, the last one was my first, and it wasn't till after the second i realised the artist wasn't the greatest, but I don't regret them at all, and will get them touched up, and will definitely be getting more. Something similar to this is on the wish list for one of my shoulders. And would like something similar to this for down my side, and will get some more tribal work aswell, not always in that order tho. Report
March 14, 200818 yr comment_220711 Cool tats, I like that dragon design ballistic Thanks man, i like what I can see of yours to, that is the sort of thing i want but will be over my shoulder instead. Hopefully be able to design something where the head is resting on my shoulder and maybe a foot up the back/side of my neck, just not too high up. Report
March 16, 200818 yr Author comment_221011 Too big Snookie... Please resize before posting again. Mod Bill Report
October 16, 200817 yr comment_268122 I have another one too.... But where it is is a bit too x rated for this site lol Report
October 16, 200817 yr comment_268131 I've always liked the idea of tats, and will get one when I finally get out of the pool for long enough to get one. I think tats are great if you've made a decision to get them, and are doing it because the design means something to you. It's all too easy to find a picture off the net that has no meaning to you and get it permanently etched into your skin. Same thing with piercing I guess, it's personal choice. My tats will probably be in areas that can be covered easily. That stops any offense, or the visible dreaded sag! I'm not getting the tat to show off so everyone can see, I'm getting it for me. I also love the idea of getting a tat on my ring finger instead or as well as a ring. For me, that's way more meaningful than signing some piece of paper. Report
October 16, 200817 yr comment_268146 I've always liked the idea of tats, and will get one when I finally get out of the pool for long enough to get one. I think tats are great if you've made a decision to get them, and are doing it because the design means something to you. It's all too easy to find a picture off the net that has no meaning to you and get it permanently etched into your skin. Same thing with piercing I guess, it's personal choice. My tats will probably be in areas that can be covered easily. That stops any offense, or the visible dreaded sag! I'm not getting the tat to show off so everyone can see, I'm getting it for me. I also love the idea of getting a tat on my ring finger instead or as well as a ring. For me, that's way more meaningful than signing some piece of paper. i agree Report
October 19, 200817 yr comment_268742 Nice one Bulldogod, it looks like a taniwha foot mine is a weta on my breast, no pics (cant be bothered) but its on the powerhouse tatoo site under greyscale images i think. i went in with my entomology diagrams and worked out an idea with the artist, turned out better than i hoped. just what i wanted! my dad doesnt know yet (and i've had it for 1+ years) but will have to tell eventually. there are plenty of people that matter to me who dont approve, but this i feel is an entirely selfish piece of art - its just about (and for) me. I chose a weta (after 2 years of Deliberation) as they are something i admire asthetically as well as an animal, and they apply to my interests and studies, and even my work (science geek type), it is easily hidden (in case of parents /employers), and well done so rather nice to look at aniway (no real need to hide it). they are soo addictive and i will soon be saving for the next one, i am thinking something with some interesting native plants (have started some sketches), but the hard part is where - i'd like it to be easy to hide so theres the option (should i need to cover them). some tatoos i think are awful (mostly badly done - make you feel sorry for the person with them - they have that on their body for the rest of their life! or threatening) but so long as it really means something to you, tatoos are great. :bounce: Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_268769 Thats the one, she's so pretty. thanks Ballistic, geuss i'm lazy when it comes to computers Report
November 13, 200817 yr comment_274326 got a cover up done tuesday. really happy with it as you cant even tell there was something under the mane. Report
November 13, 200817 yr comment_274368 nice, you can usually tell cover ups but thats really good Report
November 13, 200817 yr comment_274455 Damn, Mystic could see it straight away! She said, maybe if they thickened up the mane more it might not have been so obvious? Or is it just because shes worked around Tats before is why she picked that up so easily? Nice thou. Report
November 14, 200817 yr comment_274515 http://www.tattoos.co.nz/tattoo_gallery_photo_267.php This tat is awesome, it looks so real Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.