December 12, 200718 yr comment_200801 I've mentioned that my Angel fish has two small holes in it on another thread but while I was just checking him/her out I noticed hundreds of super tiny white worm things on the back of the tank on the glass What on earth are these!!? Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200807 How big are they? hopefully they are whose little harmless white worms you find in the gravel some times. Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200812 How big are they? hopefully they are whose little harmless white worms you find in the gravel some times. They would be approx 2mm in size, so very little but theres heaps of them. I'm thinking I may have to give the tank a really good clean because they are grossing me out! Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200813 ive seen those worms in my tank before. They are harmless and disapper with a water change. I think they live only dirty water or something. Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200815 But I change about 30% of my water once a week?? Maybe this is not enough? Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200817 they are harmless I think and I saw one of my danios eat one once. If they are annoying you just change the water. Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200818 They are apparently little worms that occur naturally in the gravel, have had them before and fry love them. Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200819 Okay so should I just change a larger amount of water and vacuum the gravel out?? Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200823 They usally apear if you stir up the gravel I haven't stirred up the gravel of late lol. Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200824 Try reduce feeding and no left over might help i think And yes I think I may have been overfeeding :oops: Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200831 And yes I think I may have been overfeeding Feed less then and your worms should be gone in no time. Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200834 They're planaria worms. They're a symptom of having a dirty nasty tank that needs to be overfed less and water changed more. Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200846 They're planaria worms. They're a symptom of having a dirty nasty tank that needs to be overfed less and water changed more. I change my water weekly! Overfed yes....dirty nasty, I take offense lol :lol: Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200936 :lol: :lol: I know how you feel there I'm vey fussy with mine and I still got these guys some while back..... It is from over feeding.... :oops: :roll: :-? Just cut back on food ... do a couple of water changes (vac gravel) for a week or two and sweet as no more little worms. and yes I hated the look of them too.... makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200949 :lol: :lol: I know how you feel there I'm vey fussy with mine and I still got these guys some while back..... It is from over feeding.... :oops: :roll: :-? Just cut back on food ... do a couple of water changes (vac gravel) for a week or two and sweet as no more little worms. and yes I hated the look of them too.... makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. Thanks newfish, I was rather gutted as I am quite fussy about my tanks so when I saw little worms I was really grossed out! Report
December 12, 200718 yr Author comment_200986 how much do you feed? I was feeding my fish every day, twice a day...obviously too much?? How often should I feed my tropicals? Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200993 Once a day is enough. For a small amount of fish you only need to feed a small amount. people say that you should feed them the right amount so that there is nothing left after 2 minutes Report
December 12, 200718 yr comment_200998 I was feeding my fish every day, twice a day That's exactly what I do - don't worry about the worms - they will disappear in no time at all. As your tank matures you will get outbreaks of various algaes and critters - it is nothing to worry about. Just keep up the water changes and it will settle down / fall into equilibrium. Report
December 13, 200718 yr Author comment_201037 That's exactly what I do - don't worry about the worms - they will disappear in no time at all. As your tank matures you will get outbreaks of various algaes and critters - it is nothing to worry about. Just keep up the water changes and it will settle down / fall into equilibrium. Thanks, thats good to know. I gave the tank a good clean last night, but if I ever see them return I'll know not to freak out this time lol. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.