ipod / mp3 player question

wasp

Sony walkman mp3 player. ($150 - $200ish)

has radio, rechargable battery(lasts about 12 hours i think) good sound (imo) and the battery is charged by usb. So every time you plug it in to the computer to put more music on it charges it's battery. And it's the size of a cigarette lighter so easy to lose.

I love mine to bits

The only negative thing i have found is the on switch always get knocked in my bag so i often find i have a flat battery when i go to use it. But i have now got a little container to slip it into so that doesn't happen any more

I have a Toshiba Gigbeat & it's great. At the time I bought it, it was $100 cheaper than the latest Ipod but had better features! Photo viewer etc. I had 3 separate people tell me they thought it was better than their Ipods. It can use a range of software. If you don't like the program that it comes with, it works with Windows Media Player. With Ipods, you're really paying for the brand, not necessarily a better machine.

The heck with ipods and stuff I want to know how Wasp:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caper

Actually I was cleaning the toilet with one of those long handled brushes, and the end of the handle bumped the phone case and flipped it out right into the toilet. Real neatly, I wouldn't be able to do it again. :x

And I bet some of you ladies didn't know a man could actually clean a toilet! :o . But yep, sometimes it does happen! :lol:

The iphone which is a combination of a ipod and smart phone has not been confirmed for coming out in new zealand, Time magazine has it as the best product of 2007 it is a shame that we cannot check it out for ourselves over here though maybe some time in the future they will provide the service for iphones in NZ but who knows it will probably take a while.

Ive known of iphones or the hack on trademe which are purchased by a man in christchurch who then installs the software/chip on an iphone and then it runs on vodafone, apple is aware of these products and plans to use software updates on iphones to avoid this issue also some of the features which make the iphone so attractive do not work in NZ with this hack so it does loose appeal.

Apple's loosing that battle, and likely always will. I hear the guy in ChCh is still offering the service to people around NZ. ;-)

There are hundreds, if not thousands of iPhones running on Vodafone's network here in NZ. Used by very high profile business people right down to poor students :-)

Look out for an official iPhone launch by Orcon in February.

Oh, and it makes a great iPod too. You could play with coverflow all day.

Compatibility issues? Such as?

There are often very good reasons for limiting features on their products.

They have a very different philosophy to other companies when it comes to that. They focus of user experience, rather than focussing on generating a product with a long list of features, which are implemented half arse, or people just never use.

So depends what you prefer, a typical consumer elec company which focuses on including every little unused, and poorly implemented feature into a device, vs a company which thinks about what people actually use, think about how it's best accessed and used, and packages it all in a well designed product.

Funny how you can see typical market responses and trends with the iPod. People now bash them for fear of having something popular ;-) Not unique enough for some people anymore.

Don't think anyone bashed ipods, in fact this has been an incredibly useful, honest thread, with people pointing out the good points and bad points, of the various players, in their experience.

What I picked up about ipods was they tend to be expensive, and you have to pay even more to buy various add ons that come as standard with some other players. But this is just the honest helpful advise that I was seeking to steer me in the right direction.

Anyhow I have bought a Sandisk! :D , and thanks Tsarmina for setting this up for me :D .

I'll add here that the Sandisk did not have EVERY feature I wanted, but the overall mix, plus price, was a good deal for the one I got on TM. Still waiting for it to arrive though :P .

• 1 month later...