Snakes

Vicki

i know snakes are not in new zealand, maybe one of the overseas people could give me some helpful advice on spotted pythons, or stimpson pythons.

i am getting my first pet snake soon and want to be well prepared and have enough knowlage not to hurt it , or me

repto, there is a club here, they meet once a month, it is a 1 1/2 hr drive, when i got there on sunday i had the wrong information and missed the meeting :roll: did i ever feel stupid with my partner and the two teenage kids in the car. if he is near me let me know, if he dosnt mind i would like to contact him.

This is probably a bad choice of forum to ask as there would be very few people with any real knowlege of snakes. I'm not sure about snake/reptile specific forums, but www.monsterfishkeepers.com have a herp subforum, and there will be plenty of people there who keep snakes and can point you in the right direction.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... y.php?f=25

thankyou guys, it was just a shot in the dark, you never know who is out there, i know of a member from here that has a pet shop at nerang, you never know, just keep asking questions :lol: i once got told there is no such thing as a stupid question, sometimes mine, well.....

i used to have massive pythons in philippines where i am from, in fact they were 8 foot long.

ne advice. STRONG CAGE!

they will wriggle through and destroy even sof gauge metal mesh. They would hurt themselves, but its no different to them wriggling thrugh throny vines in the wild of they need to.

also,if you want them aggressive, feed them wild chickens and rabgits nd animals, that makes them grow faster apparently, and its cook to watch. apart from that generally the ones you buy fom pet stores or avail publicly are people friendly - not too aggressive.

Hi Vicki,

You will find LOADS of info and plenty of experienced python owners willing to share their knowledge at www.aussiepythons.com

also,if you want them aggressive, feed them wild chickens and rabgits nd animals, that makes them grow faster apparently, and its cool to watch.

In Australia, it is illegal to feed live prey items to pythons. As well as being an unneccessarily slow and painful death for the prey item, there is a significant risk of the rat/mouse scratching and badly injuring the snake. There is also no evidence to suggest that it makes them grow any faster.

maybe they're here so they can back the winning team at the world cup :D

Joke I received today....

The seven dwarfs went off to work in the mine one day, while Snow White stayed at home to do the housework and cook their lunch.

However when she went to the mine to deliver their lunches, she found there had been a cave-in, and there was no sign of the dwarfs.

Tearfully she yelled in to the mine entrance:"hello - is anyone

there. Can anyone hear me".

A voice floated up from the bowels of the mine: "Australia will

win the Rugby World Cup"

"Thank god" said Snow White "at least Dopey's still alive"