Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

tHEcONCH's Red Sea Max

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 271.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me :( This month is gunna suck, gotta buy tyres for the 4WD which are $250 each, and got the juwel lighting unit to pay for.

Apart from my $100 voucher, I dont think i'm gunna be getting much else :(

Anyone want a kidney? Only $300!

Nah, I'm gunna spend it :P

Next month will suck too because i've got airfares to pay for :(

So unless my money tree starts growing, I might have to wait a couple of months before I can get anything :(

  • Author

That's the spirit! That slipper coral is getting some quite nice (albeit subtle) colours - and you don't see them about much at all.

I've been eying that up for a while, but I've sort've gone off substrate dwelling corals because I hate having to move them when I syphon.

If my replacement nanostream clips would turn up, I could sell my 6025 for some more coral spending money!

  • Author

I don't move mine - just hoover around them. I don't think that there is too much harm in having a little bit of crud in your tank, especially if it means not disturbing corals too much - you should see how much crud is in my substrate - you'd be horrified!

Cool

Will have a look, but we'll see. I'm not allowed to go silly with money this month like I have in the past (John is the reason my CC is nearly always maxed out, as soon as I start getting somewhere, I decide I want to change something and it all disappears again haha)

I didn't find it fun when I did my budget and it came to -$320 for the month

I'm not sure where that $320 is coming from hense the kidney sale for $300

Maybe I need to find a higher paying job?

  • Author

Or sell some more kidneys? Yep, I was staggered and embarassed when I added up how much I have spent. :-? :oops:

hmm, looks like one of my budgets.

I budget all my bills, spend money accordingly, save money accordingly, and then go oh crap, I forgot about xx bill for xxx, and then i have -ve as well.

when i start my big tank in a few years im going to get the best i can to start with already got it all planed out in my head :)

Does it involve a large (800gallon) deep (1 meter from water surface to the bottom) tank Which is a mixed reef dominated by ginormous rare Acros, and with an artificial base through which detritus falls and is swept through a passage to a large lagoonal system (900 gal.) Which is like a small pond/touch pool (with heaps of Mangroves, a seagrass bed, Massive Conches, Thousands of Cowries and at least 20 of Cataphyllia? Then the water from the Lagoonal Pond is pumped back into the Reef system, via a sump system featuring a montorous DIY Skimmer and some other super cool inventions which haven't been invented yet...

Because if that is your plan, you are just a copy, coz thats what I'm going to do!!!! :lol:

Does it involve a large (800gallon) deep (1 meter from water surface to the bottom) tank Which is a mixed reef dominated by ginormous rare Acros, and with an artificial base through which detritus falls and is swept through a passage to a large lagoonal system (900 gal.) Which is like a small pond/touch pool (with heaps of Mangroves, a seagrass bed, Massive Conches, Thousands of Cowries and at least 20 of Cataphyllia? Then the water from the Lagoonal Pond is pumped back into the Reef system, via a sump system featuring a montorous DIY Skimmer and some other super cool inventions which haven't been invented yet...

Because if that is your plan, you are just a copy, coz thats what I'm going to do!!!! :lol:

how did you know lol

i dont think it will be that deep but it will be 8 foot X 3 foot X3 foot + 2 sumps

  • Author

If / when I ever build a big tank, I'm going to recess it into the wall and try to hide as much of the equipment as possible (including internal pumps etc). There are a lot of potentially great tanks that are let down by being plonked at the end of a room with all sorts of junk poking out. Tanks should draw your eye to the contents, not all the equipment. Ideally it would look like a window to a reef, rather than a box full of water with corals in it.

Does it involve a large (800gallon) deep (1 meter from water surface to the bottom) tank Which is a mixed reef dominated by ginormous rare Acros, and with an artificial base through which detritus falls and is swept through a passage to a large lagoonal system (900 gal.) Which is like a small pond/touch pool (with heaps of Mangroves, a seagrass bed, Massive Conches, Thousands of Cowries and at least 20 of Cataphyllia? Then the water from the Lagoonal Pond is pumped back into the Reef system, via a sump system featuring a montorous DIY Skimmer and some other super cool inventions which haven't been invented yet...

Because if that is your plan, you are just a copy, coz thats what I'm going to do!!!! :lol:

Prfft only 800 galon reef?

Try something cooler.

a "Window" looking through your house. Outer window viewable from outside 1inch thick arcrylic (fully fenced section ofc), so that the tank gets massive outdoor light as well. (upper sotry)

1.5 m wide, 1m deep, 3m long.

Special skylights to allow sun to hit the tank continually all year round.

I've been dreaming :)

And no, I have no clue how to clean the other side of the arcylic :S

Oh well.

Argh, i knew the new fish/corals would arrive while i'm away :evil:

.. anyone know if the flame angel/six line wrasse etc still available?

Conch, or anyone else do you know what sort of condition the above fish are in? Also anyone know if the sun corals are still there, are they yellow with orange centres or completely yellow?

On the plus side i've visited both Hollywood Fish Farms while i've been up here in Auckland. I thought they had nice setups, and the mt roskill has a nice marine display tank. Reasonable selection of corals/fish and i thought their prices were pretty reasonable too

lol i knew you'd be around and reply quickly which is good because i'm on someone elses unsecured wireless connection lol. hmm very tempting i will be down to check them out once i'm back

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.