Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Live food makes guppies aggressive ???

Featured Replies

Have come across a TM auction which says:

"I DON'T FEED LIVE FOOD!!!

It makes fish aggressive!!!

It'll be impossible to keep adults and young guppies together if you feed live food as the adults would eat their young!

Most pet shops sells fish that grew up on live food thus their aggressive nature.

I feed them top quality Tetra bits ONLY.

This makes breeding easy as I don't need to separate the young from the adults. "

Any comment on that?

Not sure if I am allowed to put a link to the auction here so maybe just look up the seller blueyblaze and his auctions.

  • Author
Guppies eat their fry whether they have been fed live food or not :roll:

Thats what I observed too actually.

Wonder where he got this idea from?

:lol: saw that today and had a little laugh - mind you I don't feed white worms to any of my blonde or albino strains. I feed them other live foods though.

My guppies are very 21st century and fully understand that it is unacceptable to eat their babies ,which means I have rather a lot at present (no complaints in that department) and I feed them bloodworm/whiteworm. I also have indian fern in the tank just in case someone forgets the rules.

yes I thought about it and decided my fish deserve the best and hence no probs with the so called guppy disease.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.