Another newbie with a first tank

Nicolette

So I have a 600mm x 300mm x 300mm tank with a 200lt per hour internal filter (which I just discovered is too small for my tank)

A good heater at 27 deg

A single light above (apparantly the right sort to grow plants and fish)

2 as yet unidentified plants, one with a brown algae on some of the leaves.

4 baby glowlight tetras.

Day 7 today since fish introduced.

And a whole lot of newbie going on. lol.

I am on the hunt for a couple more plants and a new internal filter,

So thats me. Any idea suggestions etc welcomed.

Dont panic too much about the the small filter, it will be OK untill you get a full stock of fish in the tank. With just a few fish in there it will provide enough filtration. You can get a better one later as you get more fish. Just run both filters for a couple of weeks after you get the new one.

Cheers

Ian

Thankyou all for your lovely welcome.

As soon as I can figure out how to upload/sign in to my albums I will post a pic of my fishtank and set up.

Found out the plants are a Green stardust and a mini mondo... I have left both in their little mesh pot things in the tank for the time being as I have had such differing opinions as whether or not to put sand, dirt etc under the gravel.

Also can anyone tell me where you get the dark stones for the bottom of your tank. Our local pet store doesn't stock it.

I have just stuffed up the post I tried to do with a pic of my tank...so I expect it to be declined... I will try again later.. dont think I am allowed to post twice the same post to fix pic issue. But I did manage to post a pic of the green stardust in the plants forum if anyone wanted to have a look.

Slowly getting myself orientated. :)

If you want to contact someone in here, you will see at the bottom left of each person's post, buttons labelled email, PM etc. Just click on one of these to send a private message to the person concerned.

Make sure you keep your pic size down.