Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Well..well..well...

Featured Replies

I just went to feed out tonight.....

I have a few Lionhead cichlids in the Malawi Tank, love watching their action amongst the rock work etc.. and they love it in there...

Love it enough to start a family it seems.... I have a large group of young Lionheads... and the thing is.. they are at a real decent size to! :o I noticed I hadn't seen the same number for a wee while... especially the dominant male... now I know why... :D

And I sat watching them tonight... and the female would come out of the rocks and take food back into her chosen spot and spit the food out obviously for the young Lionheads... awesome to watch! :D

  • Author

:lol: I shall Alan, (only I don't have Horlicks... hmm now you have got me thinking about adding to my grocery list for tomorrows shop) :lol: Finding the young ones has actually given me a bit of a buzz tonight.. crazy huh :D

As long as I only get clucky over fish babies then that's ok 8) :lol:

:lol: I shall Alan, (only I don't have Horlicks... hmm now you have got me thinking about adding to my grocery list for tomorrows shop) :lol: Finding the young ones has actually given me a bit of a buzz tonight.. crazy huh :D

As long as I only get clucky over fish babies then that's ok 8) :lol:

a buzz is never silly , i still get a buzz with every new breed i have :)

Hi Afrikan. Luv must have been ib the air that night cause Ive just seen a large group of baby Lionheads in my tank as well. :D Mum and Dad were being a bit naughty though and having a wee munch on the odd one :x so it was all hands to the deck as I stripped the tank to save the wee fellas. 52 luckylittle guys :D

Congratulations - I really think I would like to have some cichlids but I really don't know a lot about them and get seriously confused. Would probably end up with duds in the wrong sized tank or something like that.

  • Author

Thanks all :D

i think he loves them too much to let them go yet :lol:

Ummm "he" is a she ;) :lol:

Will keep you posted on them ludikras if any available down the track :)

Good one Alex... glad you saved the little ones... :D my guys here almost look like they are at the size where mum and dad wouldn't easily consume, they aren't small at all really :) And mum and dad are protecting their territory fiercely. Seem like a really good pair.

Congrats - those guys are generally very good parents. The ones I had a few years back were great fish. Not real pretty but fantastic non the less.

Must be that time of year, my Astatotilapia Calliptera have spawned at last and I got 71 fry :D

OOA.

Hi

Congrats Afrikan. Really want to set up a tank one day with Lion Heads. Heaps of large river stones with a strong current. They have to be one of the weirdest cichlids out.

OOA. Good luck with the Astatotilapia Calliptera. These guys are pretty good looking let alone very rare in NZ.

Mike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.