January 14, 200719 yr comment_141102 aren't they introduced? No, i think they have known each other since they were fry ... :roll: sorry could no resist Report
January 14, 200719 yr Author comment_141103 Yep Daniel they are introduced but have some green, purpulish colours which look very nice under th correct lighting. Please rember to contact me to let me know if you are coming, where you staying as i will try my best to co orditnate this trip so everyone knows where we are at. Keep this thread going as it is really encourging to see so much ethustumium by potential great molly hunters Report
January 14, 200719 yr comment_141118 Sounds interesting! we might go up for the day but wouldn't saty the night - just a road trip to fit around work and a BBQ we are ment to be having! Report
January 14, 200719 yr comment_141128 I found this article about the mollies at tokaanu http://aquarticles.com/articles/travel/cooper_david_mollies_nz.html Report
January 14, 200719 yr comment_141149 We are definitely coming and have booked the MX5 on the ferry. Thanks to Helen and spidersweb for the bed on Sunday. Hope to visit a few in Wgtn if there is time as we go home late Monday. We plan to visit the Egyptian Exhibition at Te Papa. Report
January 14, 200719 yr comment_141179 Am so tempted to go again Dave. Wonder if I can "arrange" something to be there for a while? What is the exact plan? Molly hunt on the Sunday morning - and the prawns afterwards (for lunch)? That would work fine with people driving north again! Report
January 14, 200719 yr Author comment_141191 deafenliey thinking along those lines. Just waiting to get prices for say a combined tour and prawn fishing. Should get some answers tommorrow Would be nice to see you agian Carla Report
January 15, 200719 yr comment_141626 Got the motel booked (bach was full). Apparently we are next door to Mr & Mrs Simpson and their 4 children :lol: Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141650 yay! i get to push caryl AND you in now 8) a brave but foolish man ....lol Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141654 I get to push ;you all in :lol: :lol: hope caryls camera is water proof :roll: Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141657 don't worry Rogan... I will :lol: chilly bin, net, change of clothes, water, food, chips.....etc :lol: Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141658 Yay! Im gunna bring buckets, nets, juice and clothes!!! tehehe Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141660 Well before you venture into the great unknown, I must warn, or should I say, remind you of what happened several years back when the Molly Hunt was intimidated by some local maoris. Well apparently this was not a one off. I have been in touch with a friend in the aqua education business and he sent me this Tell the guys to watch out for the local Maoris. We have a group of students go there every year when they are in Taupo doing other stuff and last time (October) they got a bit of flack from a local Maori who tried to tell them that it was a sacred lake and they couldn't take the Mollies (not unless they paid $70 per fish!!). Complete bullshit of course! I think I'd be inclined to inform the local constabulary of your intentions, just in case. But don't let them beat you. Just pay the $70 per fish -- - - - - -- Yeah right Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141663 I am sure Evil will be light enough to wield like a shield :lol: If not we will stand behind Billaney and Grant Report
January 16, 200719 yr comment_141665 I am sure Evil will be light enough to wield like a shield :lol: Haha NO If not we will stand behind Billaney and Grant YEA! 8) Report