Aquaone or Jebo

Brianemone

I have the choice of two cannister filters for my new tank, one is the Aqua One CF1200 and the other is the Jebo 819. Both seem to have a similair capacity but the cheapest that i have found the Jebo is 175$ (wetpets) while the Aqua one is only 139$ (petplanet)

Opinions??

I will highly recommend the Jebo 819's.

They do an awesome job (we have 2 running an 8ft tank and crystal clear water!) and all up we use 5 in this house.

Not sure on the Aquaone sorry, never tried them.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Jebo's, I think it might be worth the extra to get something that will be trouble free.

I havent had experience with either but my next 1200 LPH canister is going to be the Aqua one CF1200. I tossed up between the CF1200 and the jebao 304 when i got mine, but got a good deal on the jebao so went with it. IMO aqua one is a very reputable brand, Jebo aswell, but they have their faults (ie, heaters.....)

I tossed up between the CF1200 and the jebao 304 when i got mine, but got a good deal on the jebao so went with it

Just make sure not to get the jebao and the jebo mixed as they are different brands, as Mystic has said, the jebo's come highly recomended from us, my first was the 815 and it didn't take long to upgrade to the 819's

ive got a couple of the aquaone canisters. i havent had any problems with them at all and the are so quite.

i just broght a rena 1350l canister and so far i like the aquaones better, the rena is dam noisey

i havent had a jebo filter so carnt comment sorry.

AquaOne (well at least when they were known as ViaAqua) come with all the material too. I have a ViaAqua750 that I believe is the equivalent of the CF 1200. It's awesome, almost silent, and has gone for years. The only gripe is it's quite hard to get it going again after you've stopped it and cleaned it out, the air builds up, does anyone know about the jebos in comparison to this? I have a hang-on-the-back Jebo also and it's great too. Seems like they're very similar in the cheaper range of filters. As with all cannister filters however, as they are hard to clean, you tend to do it much less often.

I'm a Jebo fan too. We've got two 819's and an 810 all running great. We only paid $149 for the 819's though, includes media everything.

I did hear that the AquaOne model has a hole that lets you fill the cannister right to the very top to make first time starts easier, the Jebo doesn't have this. This is the only difference I've heard of so far, owners of both so they're quiet, reliable, and good value.

I'll always buy Jebo because our LFS stocks the 819 for $149 and it's always there, dont have to order it in.

I'm a Jebo fan too. We've got two 819's and an 810 all running great. We only paid $149 for the 819's though, includes media everything.

I did hear that the AquaOne model has a hole that lets you fill the cannister right to the very top to make first time starts easier, the Jebo doesn't have this. This is the only difference I've heard of so far, owners of both so they're quiet, reliable, and good value.

I'll always buy Jebo because our LFS stocks the 819 for $149 and it's always there, dont have to order it in.

Hmmm, i'd definatly choose the Jebo at that price. Might have to send someone down there some money

Just set up a 700ltrs planted and I stuck a Aqua One Aquis 2200 filter in it. Of all the filters that I have used before this is the easiest one to start. It's got a massive round pump on top and all you do is give it 3-4 pump and you can hear the water filling the filter until it shoots out of the outlet. Plug it on and away she goes. Might ne a bit too strong for the tank.

With regards to Aqua one and Jebo they are pretty much the same so i'll go for the one that is the cheepest. I got 10 aqua one and they does a good job.

Ron

We have both, and have used Jebo for a long time now, and Aqua One..

I would say Aqua One for sure over Jebo (JMO) :D

Aqua One stockists recently had a big sale on AO filters, possibly why its cheaper anyway...

We have just added to our lot of externals, 2 x 2400 Aqua Ones, huge pump on the top, so easy starting and they just honk, love them! :D

• 3 weeks later...

After hunting around for a good deal and finding not finding anything to compel me to buy immediatly I will be getting an Atman UV 2400 from here

Will give me plenty of filtration (alot more than a smaller jebo or aquaone which i might have needed two of) and it also has a built in UV component which makes my life a little easier as I was planning on getting a UV filter anyway

That is an AquaOne, just with a different name on it. Same as the Aquis filters but with UV.

You can get the AquaOne Aquis 2400, same thing but without the small UV (not really useful unless you have a green water problem), cost is around $260 on trademe at the moment. I heard it comes with a surface skimmer free as well.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 520746.htm

Also available is the slightly smaller Aquis 2200 for $225.

That is an AquaOne, just with a different name on it. Same as the Aquis filters but with UV.

You can get the AquaOne Aquis 2400, same thing but without the small UV (not really useful unless you have a green water problem), cost is around $260 on trademe at the moment. I heard it comes with a surface skimmer free as well.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 520746.htm

Also available is the slightly smaller Aquis 2200 for $225.

Yip i thought the Aquis and the atman were similair, the reason i have chosen this one over the standard aqua one filters is the combination of UV and good filter

Hi All.

RIGHT ON................................. :wink:

JEBO IS GOOD..................... :lol:

Well made with good material. Easy to service and clean. Good availability of SPARE PARTS.

JEBAO IS COPYCAT JUNK........ :evil:

Not even good to use to light the fire in the winter. Probably wouldn't burn either.