November 26, 200619 yr comment_132654 hay all the people with frontosas how are they doing if you can send pics share them i would love to see them. Report
November 26, 200619 yr comment_132662 Hey ours are doing great we got 5 of the smaller ones hoping to get a few more soon they are living in a grow out tank with ice blues red zebs and demasoni babies.. although they are the biggest fish in the tank they dont cause any trouble and at all and just cruise around will post pics when I take some Report
November 26, 200619 yr Author comment_132663 check the yellow on the dorsal fin:-) my beta male Report
November 26, 200619 yr comment_132664 how big are those guys? And how old are they? They look awesome! Report
November 26, 200619 yr Author comment_132669 the alpha is round 10-13 cm and the rest are around 2-4-7cm they have only just been coming out from hiding latley now they swimming the hole lenght of the tank their so awsome to watch i want more :bounce: and there around a year old Report
November 26, 200619 yr comment_132698 Mine are doing fine and growing fast. I got them a month ago and they are around 6cm+ already. I have 10 in the colony. Report
November 26, 200619 yr comment_132726 Mine are doing great too! has anyone else started naming their's yet?! So far I've only named my biggest who I'm sure will be the alpha male, he's a good 20% larger than all of the other fish. He's called Apollo (thats him last month as my avartar) Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132749 Mine are doing great, I have 10 around 3.5-4cm. They are such cool fish, can't wait to they are adults. Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132781 Our lot are doing so well and growing fast!!!! Will post some pics when they are in their new abode, will end up having one lot in the 8fter and others in another tank.. seperate them out. We have 18 Frons in total. definately starting to see whos the boss and whos not... We have them in on their own, overall they are wimps, only the odd squabble amongst themselves :lol: Mekhaela Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132855 Some nice photos Cameron. Just a question for the fronnie owners over there. Anyone have any cichlids that have 7 bars? Oh, that is 7 true clean bars, not a 6 bars where one is smudge. Dosen't count. If so can you send me the pics. Cheers, Frenchy Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132871 Well, I started off with 10, but mysteriously the smallest one is no longer as of about 3 weeks ago... so I now only have 9. :-? I do have a 7 bar, only one out of the 10. I never saw the original photo of the other 7 bar, so I wouldn't know what was classed as clear, and smudgey. I've gone through all my photos but the 7 bar seems to be totally elusive, as I don't have a single photo of it. Sorry I couldn't help there. Heres two pics, with the two different lightings of the other little guys. They're nearly impossible to find, as they're no bigger than about <-----------------------> and they're in a 6ft half full of dolomite rocks piled high with lots of hiding places. The 2nd photo is blurry cause using the flash killed the colour so I just dealt with the blur... Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132873 Did anyone elses have really uneven and random barring when little (I think I may have some out of the same batch or female as mystics although I never saw the pic).. They are only small though I wonder if it will grow out? Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132876 Usually they don't. The form of the bar is there, just gets bigger with the fish. It's not unusual for Burundis to have uneven bars or splits in the bars. Also they can have a little triangle blotch in the top of the stripe. Burundi's have been in these parts of the world for years{Asia} so quality is good but not what it used to be. Thats why here in Aussie, alot of people have jumped on & paid the extra price for the new imports we can now get. Some are Wild Caught, others are German bred. Then again, some of the imports have the same what we call blemishes as the old school fronnies. Maybe its just a case of us being to fussy. :roll: Nice pics jaydee, does the one with 7 bars have 7 bars on both sides? Frenchy Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132886 Our lot have all got 6 bars, and well marked in regards to straight bars etc.. Yet to get some more recent pics. Mekhaela Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132888 From memory, yes to the 7 bars on each side, but I'm not 100% sure. They were in an AR850 while I was getting this tank sorted, and I didn't give them as many hiding places, so I watched them all the time to my great enjoyment. Now they're in the 6ft, I never see them, and they spend all their time hiding, much to THEIR enjoyment. :lol: I will try and watch them a little more this evening, and see if the 7 bar makes his way out, and see if I can get a look at both sides. Might have to borrow the camera again... Will let you know as soon as I can spot the 7 bar. Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132896 They can be shy little buggers, especially in a big tank with plenty of rocks. As they grow they will get more comfortable. Do you have anything else in the tank with them Jaydee? Frenchy Report
November 27, 200619 yr comment_132898 No, they're all alone in their big wide world. :lol: I wanted to give them their space, and let them go about their own business. I figured that next year, I would move them out to an 8ft (have been enquiring locally about getting the tank custom made and think I have definately found who I want to make it) and then leave them with that. Then I can re-arrange all my tanks, and maybe make a smaller Tang setup somewhere down the line, so I can actually get some variety, instead of just species tanks. Guess it depends on what's on Redwood Aquatics next stock list/order. Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_132927 Hey gus Ill post some Photos of some of the Ikola I have here Brad Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_132929 Here is another guy I know here in Australia and he is virtually only into Frontosa http://www.piczo.com/Sealord1auFrontosa?g=12788693&cr=3 He has some of the nicest Frontosa I have ever seen Notice the Kigoma's he has with a gold Dorsal fin and tear drop on the face Brad Report
November 28, 200619 yr Author comment_132943 their was a kig with the burundis and i think some of the fry got out in nz Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_132953 Hi Fishman Nah those guys are Acei http://www.wetpetz.com/acei.htm Brad Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_132973 That first pic is of some very nice Frontosa Cameron They look really good Brad Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.