HOW is everyones frontosa doing................

cameron

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ours are doing great we got 5 of the smaller ones hoping to get a few more soon they are living in a grow out tank with ice blues red zebs and demasoni babies.. although they are the biggest fish in the tank they dont cause any trouble and at all and just cruise around will post pics when I take some :)

Our lot are doing so well and growing fast!!!! :D Will post some pics when they are in their new abode, will end up having one lot in the 8fter and others in another tank.. seperate them out. We have 18 Frons in total. definately starting to see whos the boss and whos not... We have them in on their own, overall they are wimps, only the odd squabble amongst themselves :lol:

Mekhaela :D

Well, I started off with 10, but mysteriously the smallest one is no longer as of about 3 weeks ago... so I now only have 9. :-?

I do have a 7 bar, only one out of the 10. I never saw the original photo of the other 7 bar, so I wouldn't know what was classed as clear, and smudgey. I've gone through all my photos but the 7 bar seems to be totally elusive, as I don't have a single photo of it. Sorry I couldn't help there.

Heres two pics, with the two different lightings of the other little guys. They're nearly impossible to find, as they're no bigger than about

<-----------------------> and they're in a 6ft half full of dolomite rocks piled high with lots of hiding places.

mini-IMGP0160.jpg

mini-IMGP0158.jpg

The 2nd photo is blurry cause using the flash killed the colour so I just dealt with the blur... :)

Usually they don't. The form of the bar is there, just gets bigger with the fish.

It's not unusual for Burundis to have uneven bars or splits in the bars. Also they can have a little triangle blotch in the top of the stripe. Burundi's have been in these parts of the world for years{Asia} so quality is good but not what it used to be. Thats why here in Aussie, alot of people have jumped on & paid the extra price for the new imports we can now get. Some are Wild Caught, others are German bred. Then again, some of the imports have the same what we call blemishes as the old school fronnies. Maybe its just a case of us being to fussy. :roll:

Nice pics jaydee, does the one with 7 bars have 7 bars on both sides?

Frenchy :D

From memory, yes to the 7 bars on each side, but I'm not 100% sure. They were in an AR850 while I was getting this tank sorted, and I didn't give them as many hiding places, so I watched them all the time to my great enjoyment. Now they're in the 6ft, I never see them, and they spend all their time hiding, much to THEIR enjoyment. :lol:

I will try and watch them a little more this evening, and see if the 7 bar makes his way out, and see if I can get a look at both sides. Might have to borrow the camera again... Will let you know as soon as I can spot the 7 bar. :)

No, they're all alone in their big wide world. :lol: I wanted to give them their space, and let them go about their own business. I figured that next year, I would move them out to an 8ft (have been enquiring locally about getting the tank custom made and think I have definately found who I want to make it) and then leave them with that. Then I can re-arrange all my tanks, and maybe make a smaller Tang setup somewhere down the line, so I can actually get some variety, instead of just species tanks. :D

Guess it depends on what's on Redwood Aquatics next stock list/order.