Yellow Twin-Bar Platies (pics)

Keri Anne

Yellow Twin-Bar Platies (pics)

I’ve finally managed to set this line (not bad considering I started with one female) and thought people might like a look. These are now breeding completely true and I’ve gained a few interesting fish along the way. There is slight variation in how far the secondary coloration descends below the dorsal fin however I have chosen to keep them this way as it would be boring if they were all EXACTLY the same.

Now… to get started on a Hi-fin strain of this… :wink:

YellowTwinBar3.jpg

YellowTwinBar2.jpg

YellowTwinBar1.jpg

YellowTwinBar4.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Alan, that question has looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg answer:

PLATIES:

- I'm working on resetting my Red Wagtail Platy strain as I lost my big red mother just after selling her last batch of young. (She seemed to get baby bound. :cry: ) I have a nice red male and some orange-red females so I'm getting there.

- Also working on setting my Red Wagtail Hi-fin line. Again I have a nice dark red male but F1 & F2 females are orange-red.

- Also working on setting a Metallic Blue Hi-fin line. [Metallic Blue normal is set and breeding nicely.]

- Would like to get a Yellow Twin-Bar Hi—fin line going but want to get my other Hi-finned lines set first.

SWORDTAILS:

- Working with Green Lyre-tail and Green Lyre Crown-tail. Getting some interesting unexpected results, esp with the “normal†siblings – possible “Swallowtail†genes in there??

Then there are the GUPPIES:

- Albino Snow is set.

- From the Albino Snow line I’m experimenting with a few out-crosses in the hopes of back-crossing and creating some new Albino lines.

- Re-setting my Half-Black Blues after loosing all of my females.

- Half-Black AOC [Any other colour]

- From this I am currently trying to set a few other Half-Black lines.

- Also playing around with a few possible Blonde lines.

- Cobras: F1 of mixed female to Red Cobra top sword male were born 2 weeks ago will cross daughters back and go from there.

- Yellow King Cobra male (from BlueandKim) is playing with 2 virgin females but no actions yet.

BRISTLENOSES:

- One breeding pair in action and another young male and female who I’m hoping will pair up. [in another tank]

KA, wow!! That seems like alot of work. I'm sure you get tones of enjoyment out of it though. I thought having to strip down a 4 foot tank to catch holding females was hard. You go girl!!! I'd love links to pics of the lines you're describing as my knowledge of the different strains you're talking about is pretty non exsistant.

Keep up the hard work.

I got a female all yellow twin bar (currently pregnant) and a male who has a red fin. Didn't know they were called twin bars, just bought them cos i liked the look of them. They are soo cool :) My male seems to be monogamous (sp?) with his female as there is another female (not twin bar) but he doesn't seem to be at all interested in her :o !!

This strain is very common in LFS and very easy to work with. even if you start with one female of this strain and cross it with a male who has a red fin like you said, you pretty much find all the babies will turn out like mum. just cull out the ones that is different and you have a strain already. :)

• 1 month later...