Hello Part 2 (Tank Project)

bOi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now something offtrack a bit :-? I have been working on making a hood and stand for a 3ft tank I bought off cheaply on trade me.. was to house my Red Empresses. Plus 13 other Fryeri's :P

This is what i had to begin with, its one of those old tanks with notbracing on the top. It has a glass lid with one of those removable thingys for the sides to hold the glass lids that came with it. Dcided not to use those as they are very flimsy. But it seems rigid enough. Since it had been running for years.

In the beginning:

P1030863Small.jpg

P1030864Small.jpg

P1030862Small.jpg

P1030875Small.jpg

In the process (well after the work is done :oops: ):

P1030888Small.jpg

P1030889Small.jpg

and the old stand (used as my work bench now :lol:):

P1030890Small.jpg

Apologies I didn't take any final product pictures. Its just painted matt black, and also made a lid and painted it black. Because it did not have the usual bracings you would see on newer aquariums nowadays, I have opted to use acrylic pieces, cut to size and screwed from the bottom inner of the lid. WItha custom made feeding door thingy, combined with a spare suction cap I had lying around.

Looks like this:

P1040786Small.jpg

P1040787Small.jpg

And here they are at their temporary apartment while waiting for their condo to be made.. :

Some of the fryeri's are here on the left bright tank. The right one was a tank I had to babysit while the owner went away for 3 months..

P1030852Small.jpg

P1030859Small.jpg

And here are the Empresses in with some fryeri's:

P1030848Small.jpg

P1030851Small.jpg

P1030846Small.jpg

P1030844Small.jpg

And a new addition.. she was lost, so I tried looking for its owner, and put flyer's everywhere.. no response. SO i left her outside the house for 2 weeks hoping she would go home. Never did.. and really pitied it.. so now she's just taking care of the house. and company when watching fishes. Adorable.. She loves the aquarium.. just sits or lie as she is now and watch the aquarium..

:wink:

P1040748Small.jpg

WHOA.....

:lol: Nice pics, woulda taken a little while to upload them all lol.

Tanks are looking nice (nice for cichlid tanks anyway *BLEH*) jks

Thanks..*BLEH* haha they took a while plus I needed to resize them. Just a matter of getting off my ar*e to upload them.. and making sure I didn't put in the wrong links for the pics :lol:. Plus Photobucket seems to take ages to load their pages and my album's, but when it comes to uploading them, its not too bad..

you'd better breed those red empress 8)

that will be a mission :) They still juveniles but slowly changing colours

Glad you said boi as I had missed page 6 :lol: Looking good :D 8)

Yeah, I just realised after I posted the pics that I took the whole page 6 :P

Hi bOi. I'm running a fx5 on my 800 ltr malawi tank (plus a internal of 2000 lph) and its fantastic. Water changes are super fast and the tanks crystal clear and as for noise, theres none. You can get them for under $500, just shop around.