sharn Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 seems a bit pleco over kill to me :lol: wonder how long those discus would last if that monster in the right hand corner decided to latch on? does anyone know how all these plecos would be together in a tank territorialness wise, everything ive read says most of those plecos pictured are quite agro to other plecos? Quote
Insect Direct Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 ........................ Quote
Fishkeepa Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 That is an awesome tank. maybe they all have tiny tiny territories :lol: Quote
PENEJANE Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 Can plecos (sailfin is what I have) go with normal bristlenoses and corys? Sorry dont' mean to hijack. Awesome tank and WOW I think I might have to save the picture and zoom in for a better count hehehe. There are heaps in there :bounce: Quote
jim r Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 awesome tank but I would not sleep worrying about the discus. (im' jealous really) Quote
Luke* Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 I was thinking that too jim, if a couple got hungry some of the discus' life could become not so enjoyable getting plecos sucking on the side, then again I don't know if royals and the other ones would do that Quote
candy Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 we once put a albino pleco and a normal pleco in a 7 foot tank togeather... let just say it did not work out..plecos can be very nasty to each other when they want to be.. even my little BN is a meany to anything on his leval Quote
Ira Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 So what if the pleco tries to eat the discus? Plecos are better than discus. Especially many of the more exotic ones in that tank. Quote
sharn Posted September 13, 2006 Author Report Posted September 13, 2006 didnt notice this last night but look at the first pic, down the middle under the driftwood, looks like a naughty royal having a snack of pleco slime coat :-? i wonder how those cories get on too, it would just take a slip of a big plecos mouth and bye bye cory Quote
Ira Posted September 13, 2006 Report Posted September 13, 2006 didnt notice this last night but look at the first pic, down the middle under the driftwood, looks like a naughty royal having a snack of pleco slime coat :-? i wonder how those cories get on too, it would just take a slip of a big plecos mouth and bye bye cory Plecos don't really have slime coats. Not much there to eat. And no way of knowing what he's doing. Quote
Loopy Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 Those are some amazing plecos! They are flipping HUGE!!! I think i counted 18! Pretty cool tank Neons! silver dollars, discus, cories, and those plecos!!cool! Quote
Fishkeepa Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 will the silver dollars eat the cardials? just wondering they look like carnivorous fish :-? Quote
Caryl Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 Silver dollars are vegetarian so unless the cardinals turn green they ought to be safe from them. Quote
Fishkeepa Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 lol ok it was just that silver dollars look a lot like piranhas Quote
Luke* Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 Yeah they look almost exactly like piranhas but the vegetarian cousins hence why we can buy them here in NZ. Didn't spot the cories at first, it is a cool mix of fish I reckon. The plecos would mainly be vegetarian too though right so they shouldn't be interested in eating cories. Be wicked to have a 10ft tank full of big plecos Quote
fishboi Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 WOW that looks fantastic but i am surprised they all get along. some plecos are carnivals and will hunt and eat small fish but none in there that i can see. the blue eye is my favorit out of the bunch Quote
evilknieval69 Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 I had a look at the last pic and thought UGH whats that??!!?? I saved it to my computer, zoomed in and found it was a sore on the pleco. I have circled it on the pic to show you, This would have to be from another plec wouldnt it? Quote
evilknieval69 Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 HAHAHA so it is, my bad!!! Looked like a sore from this view and when i zoomed in it went blurry and made it look worse... MY BAD!!!! Quote
IOU1 Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 I think its a silver dollar Good spotting though :bounce: Quote
evilknieval69 Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 Yea it is, I should of looked harder or waited till after work where i had more time... Owell, I tried :lol: Nice tank BTW, It would be cool to do that in a 12 foot by 4 foot tank Quote
IOU1 Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can see how you thought it was a sore though Its a awesome setup for the plecos Quote
Fishkeepa Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 you'de definitely never have to worry about algae on the glass. Quote
Seth Posted September 14, 2006 Report Posted September 14, 2006 Just my personal opinoin but I dont like this tank at all I think it looks crowded and unatural i'm surprised so many people like it. Wouldnt the same tank decorated well and stocked with one or 2 or even 3 plecos, plus those cardinals (or neons i cant really tell from here) and discus look way better ?? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.