Fish recommendations

Caryl

I was going to upgrade my 4ft African to a 6ft but have gone off the idea of Africans (anyone want lots of electric yellows? :roll: )

Am thinking a 6ft planted tank would look much nicer but I want some reasonable sized fish in it that won't destroy the plants. Any ideas?

I DO NOT WANT DISCUS. I prefer fish that move :wink:

I like blue acaras but have not seen any decent ones around for years. The only ones I have seen have been pale compared to the ones I used to have.

Blue acaras are nice. Definitely no discus!:) It's hard to judge if fish are nice from how they are in the fish store, of course. How about go to Redwood or call them. They've got heaps of good stuff, or did last weekend. Like a couple polypterus.:) I would have bought them if I had somewhere for them.

I have pearl gouramis thank you :lol:

and hoplo cats.

Don't like the geophagus :roll:

Knife fish are a good idea. Not sure about clown loaches though as they are fussy about water conditions and I am not fussy about cleaning tanks :lol:

Dwarf cichlids are good - Kribs, rams or apistos.

Firemouths could also be an option - add a splash of red to the tank! Not sure about how they treat the plants but a few rocks around the plant stems should prevent any plant up-rooting.

planted tank is cool, you can trim the plants back or be lazy like me and let it over run your tank for a "natural/lazy" look

here is a pic of my 5ft....i trimmed it back last weekend, still very messy as i was too over the moon with my new aro :D

DSC01571.jpg

oh i forgot to say discus are cool! hehe