Reputation Activity
-
Rubymagz reacted to Hecticity in Cutting BackNeeding to down size, unfortunately have to let go of some fish.
Available fish include:
1X Pair Samurai Gourami.
1X Firemouth
1X Blue Acara
1X Geophagus brasiliensis
3X Clown Loaches
3X Striata loaches
1X Clown Pleco SOLD
1X L140 Pleco SOLD
1X GoldenBristlenose (F)
20X Juvenile Swordtails. Orange/Pineapple ($1.00 ea.)
3X Swhartzii Cory
Looking for good homes rather than highest offer.
Inquiries Welcome.
-
Rubymagz reacted to nosha in Free Clown LoachesFree to a good home, pick up required. 14 Clown loaches ranging in size from medium (approx. 7cm) to large (approx. 25cm), I am guessing the majority of them are around 15cm. I am wanting to rehome these beautiful fish within the Auckland area. I would prefer these fish to stay together as they have been together for many years. They are currently in a 450L aquarium, and at the size they are now they would benefit from being in larger aquarium. As I have had some of these fish for 13 years it is important to me that they go to a suitable home, so if you are interested please can you include your aquarium size, proposed tank mates, and fish keeping experience. PM me any questions.
-
Rubymagz reacted to JJWooble in An Honest Tank UpdateI haven't updated on what I've done with my tanks on FNZAS recently, so thought I'd better do something to keep track. I've also had to downgrade recently to just 3 aquariums, which is a huge change as I got up to 8 at one stage, but I'm happy with the tanks I have left.They're not the best aquariums in the world, but they're mine and as always are a work in progress, which is the fun of it after all
200L Tropical Community
Current tank inhabitants:
21x Sterbai Corydora
17x Harlequin Rasbora
10x Steel Blue Apistos
3x Banjo Catfish
2x female Guppy
1x Pearlspot Gourami
1x Indian Green Spiny Eel
1x Blue Phantom Pleco
I recently had a shuffle around in stocking-- I used to have an angelfish pair in this tank who I am very fond of, but unfortunately the male had so much a go at the female that I was very worried about her chances for survival, and so have rehomed them both to a larger tank with Alexyay, where hopefully aggression is more spread with other angelfish in the tank. It has allowed me to add the apistos though, who I am enjoying watching already :3
The banjos, eel and pleco I don't often see, but they are nice 'surprise' fish to bump into a couple of days a week The sterbai army is marching along really well, and I have a tank full of their babies who have made it through their first month so far The pearlspot gourami is lovely but I feel like shes a bit lonely, so may get a male/another female down the track. I am also looking into getting some threadfin rainbowfish, and possibly swapping the harlequin rasbora for rocket pencilfish, but that would be a long while from now Anyone had any experiences with these fish/possible combinations with fish I have in this tank?
60L Almost-Biotype
Current tank inhabitants:
17x Emerald Rasbora
9x pygmy corydoras
9x Banded Kuhli Loaches
4x Black Kuhli Loaches
6x Golden Honey Gourami (Trichogaster chuna)
This is probably the tank I am happiest with at the moment The rasbora are busy, simple yet beautiful wee fish, the honeys have intriguing wee territorial conflicts and breeding habits to watch, and the kuhlis snuffle along the bottom, hide in tubes and dance on the glass surface when they feel the need. I was going to move along the pygmy corydoras, but they have recently become more active and I've fallen in love with them again, so I'm happy with this being an almost-biotype tank for now I got a fluval 106 recently and it has done wonders for the water quality and the fish are enjoying the increase in flow I'll probably tinker with the hardscape and occasionally have wild dreams of upgrading it to a Rubix 80 with a proper shiny stand but am definitely in love with the tank overall
20ish L Fighter Tank
Inhabitant: Fidget the HMPK male marble siamese fighting fish
I love this tank for it's inhabitant had this wee guy about 6 months now and he's still as hyperactive as on day 1, is so cute to watch hunting for live food like a 'real wild fish', ferocious against his mirror, jumps up to bump your finger out of the water, and sleeps in a floating tube. He recently had a downgrade because his bigger version of this tank (an aqua one trio with the dividers ripped out) developed a leak, so he now lives in an aqua one duo with the dividers ripped out . I'll be fiddling with the scape at some stage as am unhappy with it but have been distracted by other things recently. The tank is super stable with readings of under 10 nitrates every time I bother to test it, probably due to the low stocking and the large abundance of plants. All in all its a tank I go to to interact with the fish in it, rather than one that I sit in front of to watch for extended periods of time.
-
Rubymagz reacted to cyclonenat in My Fish TankMy 75L tank
My 20L tank
-
Rubymagz reacted to Lyubashik in WTB Tropheus duboisi, pemba or similarPerfect. I'll def ring him when he opens today. Thanks a lot!
-
-
Rubymagz reacted to Caryl in Colin Clarkehttps://web.archive.org/web/20030811121906/http://aquarticles.com/articles/people/NZClarke.html
They were 9 - 14 years old in 2003 so 22 - 27 now? (Just counting on my fingers )
-
Rubymagz reacted to boban_nz in Colin ClarkeMEET AN AQUARIST SERIES: NEW ZEALAND Part Two: Colin Clarke and Ivan Mockford
-
Rubymagz reacted to Caryl in Colin ClarkeThese photos were taken in 2005. I think the fish were about 22 years old then.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/carylnz/library/FISH and TANKS/Colins clown loaches Aug 2005?sort=2&postlogin=true&page=1
Have you got the name of the article and where it appeared? Never mind, it was the one Howard put in Aquarticles I think. That account seems to be suspended (probably after Howard's death). I don't have a copy of the article as I originally thought it had appeared in the AW magazine.
A pity about that account as it had a lot of great articles on it.
-
Rubymagz reacted to Caryl in Colin ClarkeI have photos of his clown loaches if you like
I should have the article too. Will look.
-
Rubymagz reacted to reggie1224 in HUGE!!! cichlid tank......For sale!Hey guys,
This is a 1500l cichid tank that is in my mother in laws work showroom, I have the task to sell it either complete or broken down as fish and tank.
Ideally it would be great to sell as a complete setup but it is a unique design and is built around a pillar. It has a lot of fish in it of various genus
and age, they also range from adult to new fry. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, its very large but is an amazing setup with some beautiful
fish, great LED lighting and hardscape aswell. Enjoy.
-
Rubymagz reacted to sneaky2 in Long, funky and what the...?yup yup yup...D for dysfunction! :facepalm:
-
Rubymagz reacted to BikBok in amazing ocean sculptures by pufferfishhttp://www.sciencealert.com.au/features ... 25889.html -
Rubymagz reacted to camtang in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedI have been considering rehoming my loaches, group is around 15, the biggest ones would be in and around the 15cm mark or bigger- If I do sell them, you will be the first to know.
-
Rubymagz reacted to JJWooble in Not looking too shabby-- update on tanksI had a few days at home so decided to spruce up a few of the tanks
-
Rubymagz reacted to boban_nz in A few fish picturesJust sharing photos of my fish
-
Rubymagz reacted to alienara2 in My not so new tankFinally got to put up a photo of the tank.
Water colour is funky due to tannin... Those blurry bits you see are most probably the guppies darting around.
-
Rubymagz got a reaction from David R in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedWow! Excited for a moment, awesome fish! Bet you miss them.. Thanks for sharing
-
Rubymagz reacted to bigfishhead in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedGood one. These funny characters deserve a good home. Keep us posted.
-
Rubymagz got a reaction from bigfishhead in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedSo true, had a 6 foot with xxl clowns for 10 years then due moving had to sell so very excited to now be able to offer forever homes to these beautiful , funny fish
-
Rubymagz reacted to David R in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedSorry to get your hopes up, I sold this lot about 5 years ago!
It sounds like an interesting tank, I've always missed my clowns and will, one day, set up another dedicated loach tank. Post some pics of it in the Freshwater forum if you get time
ps. those are 60L bins, there were several in the school around (and over) 20cm!
-
Rubymagz reacted to Sandy in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedHi Ruby, would this be an ongoing request?? I have always loved the clown loaches but because of the size they grow to Ive never really entertained the idea of having them. Just the thought that they would outgrow my tank and then I would have to either get a bigger tank, which is not really an option, or find homes for them, which could be difficult. If I knew that there was someone who wanted them when they got bigger then I might consider getting a couple and "grow" them for you just so I can have the pleasure of having them around for a little while.
-
Rubymagz reacted to bigfishhead in Xx (x) L clown loaches wantedNice. Good to see another clown lover.
I've been keeping good size clowns for years. Decent size ones are pretty hard to find. (15cm+)
But It is definitely pleasure to watch them schooling once you have a decent size group of them.
Good luck on your project.