Sorority in a 10 Gallon Long?

Devrens

Hi folks!

Have any of you had any experience keeping a sorority of 4 or 5 females in a 10 gallon long? I was under the impression that if you got 4 or 5 sisters from the same spawn when they're young that you should be fine in a 10g. However, I've seen mixed opinions about this online regarding whether a 10g or a 20g should be the minimum for a sorority.

Thanks!

Dev

10 gallon - 40 litres?   They should be fine and they do not need to be from the same spawn, being females.  However there are times - like when there is a big low pressure system around - females will fight, just like males do.  I used to keep many females in tanks that size.  Just make sure the water conditions are kept optimal.

I have a sorority of fighters in a 30L tank (5 currently, but I have had a max of 8 in the space). It has a good footprint and lots of planting to break the space up. There's always going to be a little chasing for the first few days, but they'll settle in eventually, and if they don't, you may just have one that's over aggressive. It's good to have a back up space if one of the girls has a bad temper.