Everything posted by natscat
-
FS - FX5
Hey Ira, To Wellington at your cost...yeah sure. Cheers
-
FS - FX5
Hey guys, Got an FX5 for sale. Been a truly awesome and reliable filter. Four years old. Great condition. No problems what so ever. Comes with brand new media. I think I still have DVD and Owner’s manual to. $200 firm. Can be dropped off in Auckland in a couple of weeks. Please note this is advertised elsewhere. Cheers
- Bore water...
-
Bore water...
Hi all, Anyone out there using bore water in their tank/s. I have not had the water analysed yet but I don’t think it will be a problem. Will be doing my own tests for PH, GH and KH in the next couple of days but is it true that bore water has very little dissolved O2? Cheers
-
Individuals Pleco Collections...
I fully agree with ya Ryan. I don’t believe it’s a case of big noting yourself or hiding what you have, but you have that right of course, it’s more what we could potentially achieve by banding together to come up with a constructive plan for the present/future. Come on guys/girls don’t be shy. I wasn’t going to publish any of ours of this forum but it’s for a good cause. Cheers
-
Brazil's Pleco ban
It’s unfortunate that good threads get spoilt by some people........but I suppose there is one born every minute.
-
Brazil's Pleco ban
Nice one Firenzenz and well said i couldnt agree more. Please keep us/me updated. Thanks
-
Brazil's Pleco ban
I share the same views that the "natural population is safe" but this is a trade people are not going to suddenly stop buying them. It will be like everything else rape and pillage it until there is nothing left. They should have adopted a more proactive approach many many years ago by controlling the amount of fish/es that were being exported and or farmed. I just hate the thought of black market poaches getting their hands on these little beauties full stop.
-
Brazil's Pleco ban
In a way it is really great and in another it is stupid. You do realise that when the “ban†is finalized, prices will rise drastically and us (NZ) being down in this part of the world will not have the access to a many of the wonderful fishes we once had. On another note, in some ways I feel sorry for the farmers in South America cause this is their bread and butter and being told that they have to stop doing it would be devastating. My two cents. Cheers
-
Rusty Pleco wanted
Hi Jake, WonderWorld Pets in Rotorua have a couple of L077 Hypostomus sp. or sometimes called Bruno's. Good Luck
-
what can we import
Couldn't have said it better myself Ryan. Sorry about all the B$ Charlie.
-
what can we import
My apologies.......I mucked up the links somehow, Ryan is correct. When I spoke to MAF regarding the importation of Live fish they referred me to Biosecurity NZ and was told that they handle all imports/quarantining of animals and were not very helpful :evil: I must have been given the run around AGAIN
-
what can we import
Hey Charlie, We are so lucky living in NZ and being able to import a LARGE variety of L's unlike OZ (legally). 8) This was the link I was giving by MAF and told that basically all loricariidae’s are able to be brought in http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/imports/ ... ic.all.htm but as I understand it, MAF don’t control it anymore so I'm not sure what is going on at the mo. Have any in mind? Cheers
-
L239 & L114
What a good score firenzenz. Are there any L114's left and got any photos of your one. Cheers
-
plecs.???
In NZ. Thats one of the problems with common names, its not international and people can get confused. Im sorry to tell you this but a "red spot" or L110 is NOT pleco.
-
plecs.???
Peanuts, i think they are referred to as red spots or L110 over here. My two cents
-
plecs.???
Hey Jake, Those L90's....are they the true L90's or the L90's c or d's Have you ever seen any of these around lately: L27 Tapajo's L27 Xingu L264 L191 Dull-eyed Thanks
-
New Pleco To Play With
Nice score Jake, where did you get them from.
-
WICKED PLECO'S MAAAAN
Nice pic of the 114 . That would probably be one of the better Plec forums around IMO. Very informative and really friendly people (i hope im allowed to say that).
-
Has anyone seen these in NZ
Hi OscarBoy There's one on you know where if you're interested.
-
What deams are made of.
Wicked tank. A little cave full of zebra babies.........gota love that to. It must have taken him a while to glue all those pieces together.
- Has anyone seen these in NZ
-
Some of my fish
Hey Dixion, Your fish seem really bright-eyed and healthy. Thats a nice shot of the female. What are you feeding them? Cheers
-
Has anyone seen these in NZ
Hi ilah, PM'ed. I totally agree but some of the other variety are awesome as well, like the L203 Titanic Panaque,L27 Tapajo's, L27 Tocanitins and the L191 Dull-eyed Panaque. Dreams are free i guess
-
Has anyone seen these in NZ
Thanks guys for the feedback. Hey ilah, can you send me a pic please. I will keep hunting Cheers