October 31, 200718 yr comment_191987 Sorry about the way I have listed these but they are worth a look. Im gonna dig myself a huge pond in my back yard and fill it with these suckers. :evil: http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery/sh ... 9226&c=510 http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery/sh ... =765&c=510 http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery/sh ... =272&c=510 http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery/sh ... =228&c=510 http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery/sh ... 3284&c=520 http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery/sh ... 2087&c=512 Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192008 wow!! they look kinda scary when they are big!! very cool pic's tho Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192019 The plecos we get here dont grow QUITE that big.. but those little $7 ones will grow to 45cm Great fish all the same Cheers Ian Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192020 wicked plecos, wish they wouldn't hold them out of the water like they're a cat though Report
October 31, 200718 yr Author comment_192025 Yeah I know, I am not so keen about the way they do that either. Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192048 I have a couple of royals 15-20cm in length and I would probably put it under more stress if I fumbled around with them in nets, they wriggle and tangle themselves, their dorsal rays and pectoral/cheek odontodes get trapped in netting In fact I handle all my plecs of all size as shown, with forefinger and thumb. This is not something I would ever do to any of my other fish, nor do I go down to the corner shop with them like that. Next time try it and observe the fish's behaviour once put back into water compared to agitated mood after a net. I agree it shouldn't be done as a party trick. Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192064 Yup.. forget a net with the big plecs, just reach in and grab them 8) Netting them, you spend the next 2 mins getting all their spikey bits untangled. A few seconds out of water to move or take a pic doesn't seem to harm them. Cheers Ian Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192066 *Drool* they are fantastic... We have a gorgeous Royal Panaque, keen on getting another for the big tank Report
October 31, 200718 yr comment_192069 There is one in CRC Salvage in Christchurch bigger than most - its in a dirty 3 foot tank, and has to do a three-pointer to turn around - someone should go down and offer to buy it if they have space (it would be well over a foot long) Report
November 1, 200718 yr comment_192288 Nice pic of the 114 . That would probably be one of the better Plec forums around IMO. Very informative and really friendly people (i hope im allowed to say that). Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.