Everything posted by LisaC
-
Attracting wild rosellas
Thanks for that - will have to give that a go
-
Attracting wild rosellas
Thanks for that. I have no desire to catch one just encourage them to brighten up our back yard The kids were so excited to see them there Lisa
-
Attracting wild rosellas
Hi there. Spotted 3 rosellas in our trees this morning - they flew away after being there some time. It's the first time I've seen them around our place. Any ideas on food we could leave for them to attract them back / encourage them to stay a while? Thanks so much Lisa
-
Finally my new tank is done...
Nice tank!! What is the brown spotted fish in the foreground of picture 5? Lisa
-
Pet Courier?
Was it Pet Bus by any chance?
-
Wanted: empty boxes - Palmerston North
McDonalds Fries boxes are great. Just ring at a non-busy time and ask to speak to the shift manager, and they will get some put aside for you. They are a great size - especially for books - can't put too many in them to make the boxes too heavy You might need to visit a few McDs to get enough though. Lisa
-
Breeding trap suction cups are useless - any hints
Just remember to unhook it when you do a water change
-
Bottom feeding fish...what would you recommend
How big is your tank?
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
I waited for 45 minutes in the semi-dark, ready to yank the wood out with the string . . . he musta known something was up! He did appreciate the kiwifruit though (assuming it was him)! I guess I'm not the patient, fishing sort Will have another go in a few days time.
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
How did you manage to get rid of it?
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
Sorry Sam :oops: - I was thinking more about the cleaning the wood inside the tank bit. Couldn't imagine one being stuck on the outside though.
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
I had forgotten . . . I had just fed him some courgette that day, so I'll have to wait a bit and try again in a couple of days. I read somewhere about a kiwifruit. Might use that as bait (and being careful not to break the glass too ) Thanks all
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
:lol: :roll:
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
Thanks for that everyone! Will have to try the string thing tonight (round the wood though!) Lisa
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
Thank you for a sensible reply :roll: He has eaten his way into the wood. You can hardly see him from the outside. When I take it out and scrub it in a bucket, I have to be careful not to go close - I would hate to hurt him.
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
Simple as that sounds, I have had the wood out many times, but he is determined not to come out - He is deep inside the wood. I know they can last a while out of water, but don't really want to be doing it on a regular basis!
-
How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?
I know I read it here somewhere, but can't seem to find it. My BN is always in his wood, and I want to take it out to scrub all the algae off it. Any ideas on how to get him to come out? Thanks
-
dropsy?
What do you do with the peas (just pop them in?) and how readily will they eat them? I have one that has scales sticking out a bit, and is rather fat. She has not long dropped all the eggs she was stuck with, and is now just fat all over :roll:
-
The "Spectacular Failure"
I recently asked my son to choose between a smack and going 15 minutes earlier to bed. He told me he would much rather have a smack - it gets it over and done with, and you can get on with life!
-
PUFFERFISH in the news
The sea slug ate toxic algae didn't they?
-
4D Scan Pics
Wow! Cool! How many weeks gestation is he?
-
Juwel Vs Aqua One
I have a little Juwel, and love it. The only thing I don't like about it is the algae growth between the glass and the box where the filter is, and you can't get to it. I know most people would just put a background on, but mine sits on a bench between two rooms, so need both sides. Other than that, I love it.
-
Algae question?
My Siamese Algae Eaters have done a wonderful job in getting rid of mine. Wished I'd known about them when I started the tank! :roll:
-
How fast can you type?
61 WPM with 98% accuracy - used to be a lot faster on my comfy keyboard though!
-
Help! Bulgy bits on Fighter?
Thanks for that everyone. So do I need to dose her with salt Adodge, or just let her be?