Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

aaron11

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aaron11

  1. hi thanks for that it seems to be holding around 25 and going on and off so it must be ok ill see in a few more days
  2. I usually like mine at 25 and its on 28 it should be a bit higher I have to wait and see when its real cold see it it comes on and off???? I cant afford to replace it at the mo mate
  3. oh ok, yes i seem to be unlucky with them too Should i buy another one or wait until it gets cold to see if it holds a good temp in the tank i only had it for under a year, I had 2 x 50 watt ones I sold they were too small
  4. I had a jager one that lasted nearly 20 years, and it was second hand when I got it that was for my turtle hehe
  5. Hi thanks its about 25 , the 200 watt one I have its higher and have to set it low, I will keep an eye on it to me the tank was too cold ive put it up a lil and see when it gets colder if comes on and off its right by my bed so I should hear it hehe
  6. Hi guys being on a budget i got this heater a while ago When I had it on 26, the tank was notically cold, i only noticed as my plants looked a bit sick I put my themo in too check the temp, it was only 22, now ive put it on 28 when the red part is in in the 28 does that mean it will be 28???? or 30?? The other 2 I have i just have them around 26 and they are ok Are these heaters crap??? I think i registered it on line, but cant remember, any ideas whats a better brand that dont cost the earth does anyone have a spare I could have?? ta
  7. once a fortnight??? is that enough I really should do it on my calender I have 2 90 litre they only take 20 mintues to do both or each, And the 3 footer with the breeding guppies in, that one is ok but that has 2 grunty filters going in it
  8. Hi, sorry ill explain I fixed up the plants etc etc and must of really disturbed the gravel I lost about 6 adult guppies, so i havent put anymore in the tank, the corys and baby fish are ok, so until i get a test kitt or get the water tested i wont put anymore fish in there What should I do now just change the water weekly?
  9. Tank has been set up for years and years only two died so I dunno but will keep up the water changes and not mess with the gravel like that again !!!!!
  10. I found a few dead ones, i changed 1/3 of the water tonight i lost 3 family members in the last 3 months so things might have got neglected a bit BUT the tank water is still dirty with 2 filters running, as in its not clear and has bits of this and that in there Sorry i have no test kitt, should i just keep doing daily water changes?? the guppies have moved down to the bottom a bit, they were fine in their other tank
  11. Hi thanks wouldnt the 2 filters give oxygen in the water?? They were out of a 3 foot tank with 2 filters, but in there they did swim up the top but moved more around at times
  12. Hi mate no only the corys at the bottom
  13. Hi wow thanks didnt know that thought they only lived 2-4 years I don't know if i will get anymore if anything happens to him/her, but I love watching them swim
  14. Hi in my half round tank, all my guppies are gathering in one corner. They have been in there 2 weeks they should be use to the tank now, as its smaller than what they were in I have 2 small black filters is it because of them being places up the top?? should i put them down more???
  15. Can a fish go blind :an!gry :digH: I put it in my tank in the lounge and realised it it only had one eye, the other one is covered up, Its happy and eats and swims around This is the JAWS that use to beat all the other fish to death, not its not even bothering with the platys and guppies, so maybe I just leave it to live its life out? its at least 4 yrs old. Thanks in advance
  16. I only use one bottle a month thats 30 !!! so works out ok still all adds up thou
  17. I use gas too on and off and an open fire, so the fire would keep the tank in the lounge at a good temp And the gas in the hallway when its really cold helps but living in an old house i wouldnt want gas on all the time Ive had no damp this winter last house i used gas in ended up mouldy and had to use dehimifier all the time and that added 40 a month BUT wasnt as sunny as here So gas and fire for me hehe
  18. Power shop put their prices up in the winter.. but its lots cheaper in the summer so works out ok. Dunno about the others wouldnt suprise me mate
  19. How many units did you use i can tel you what that bill will be with power shop
  20. Jesus Zuri thats a bit high, have you tried to save power mate I have and it works or what company are you with
  21. Yes dude sure, im with power shop too like the above poster so I get their specials that knocks another ten bucks off the bill
  22. Thanks for the info so my 3 must only use about 30 a month if that then???? House is warmish old but has pink batts and fluff in the roof, use fire and gas to keep it warm so gas 30 for 2 months
  23. $132 for the next one. YAY when i get more ogranised and my guppies have more fry, that will pay for the power the tanks use !!!
  24. I use the 140 but one person. showers everyday, 3 tanks, tvs comptuer on all day and half the night, but I do cook two meals at once, dont use dyer dishwasher every second day, BUT i do try and save power since moving to power shop my power is a lot lower as i buy the specials and simple savers etc Be interesting to see next bill in a few days

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.