Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jasonhunt

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jasonhunt

  1. jasonhunt replied to lf's topic in Saltwater
    Hey there seen your in whangarei how about waipu cove? not to far away and only a short walk to the rocks, I haven't been there in years but from what i remember there are lots of rockpools.
  2. dont think kribs are african?
  3. jasonhunt replied to CMG's topic in Cichlids
    Its not that hard to keep clean I do regular cleans about once a month just with a regular syphon and I find that does the job nicely.
  4. jasonhunt replied to CMG's topic in Cichlids
    Hey there what sort of subsrate do you have? for africans something like argonite or coral sand is best and looks really good to. I use coral sand now after having the same problems when I had stones as substrate.
  5. jasonhunt replied to bulldogod's topic in Cichlids
    Hi there I use it in my tank with africans only a few peices also some green rock and normal river stones and limestone and I have had no problems at all and it brakes the colours up nicely.
  6. The auratus all start out looking like females and males don't change colour till they are around 5cm.
  7. hey cyberfin I have found my fish to be very aggresive as well pushing around most of the fish in my tank and I think mine is a female. Im pretty sure they are Maingano.
  8. This is mine Im thinking the Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos as well. http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/j ... =imgAnch27 I got it from Tropical blues in Tirau I went back about 4 months later and the lady there said it was a Vermavorus.
  9. http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/j ... =imgAnch17 Melalochromis Cyaneorhabdos
  10. I had the same problem lost one mysteriously and am down to 3 2 male 1 female I think theyre still pretty young though.
  11. Thanks Brad definatly looks more like the link you have posted Thanks. Jason
  12. Where did you buy the super syphon from tanks man I may have to invest.
  13. yea he's one of my favourites Im sure there will be some more around somewhere.
  14. Yes I purchased the last one from Tropical Blues in Tirau it is more commonly known as a purple melanochromis mine looks more like the 3rd pic a nice purple and black colour I got told they ordered in a couple batches of these about 5 months ago im trying to track some down to breed them Thanks. Try this link he is always hiding in the rocks so it is quite hard to take pics. http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/j ... h=imgAnch9
  15. Melanochromis vermivorus Does anyone around the waikato have any of these I have a single male around 6 cm, but am wanting to add some more thanks. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... php?id=770
  16. Trout numbers have been decreasing over the last 20 years at a rapid rate that is why they are hard to catch They are not a pest if they are a pest what other fish have they killed off or how have they affected the waterways.
  17. Trout are not a noxious fish if they are such are problem why are they so hard to catch theres hardly any around and they don't eat other fish.
  18. Try wonderworld in Rotarua they have a huge selection of africans I got about 10 from down there lately, good for a look as well.
  19. Hi there I have some jewels almost mature about 8cm if you are interested or pearle scales that are around 12cm just give me a buzz if you want any.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.