Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

To many breeds

Featured Replies

Our fish's are just going nuts at the moment this is what we have in the way of fry or fish holding in the last 3 months

1 Spawn of brichardi's

3 spawns of aruatus

1 spawn of electic yellows

2 spawns of bumble bees/hornets and female holding again

dolphin currently holding

bristlenose fry

and looks like a couple of kenyis are holding.

Bigest problem is not enough tanks, and having to do water changes everynight and have tests at uni this week so not at home to feed all the fry, i wish i had a little slave boy to do the water changes and feed the fish for me

its good they work for peanuts and not cashews, cause darn theyre expensive :lol:

ive managed to train my little sister to feed them all and ive made her do a water change under my supervision a few times so she knows what to do if i ever needed one done. so in short small siblings are also great slaves, mine works for chocolate most of the time :D

hope all the fry do ok with you being out at uni a bit :)

i have a few fish holding/bred too

I have holding:

1 auratus

1 lombardoi

I have with eggs sacks:

60 auratus from one drop :o

50 yellows from 2 drops

10 OB zebras

And about 80 other fish under 2cm :)

Dolphins can be a pain to breed, they hardly ever hold full term, i got the eggs off mine and got 99% up to 5cm

lol to young to have kids at the mo, well to young for me some of you oldies would have had kids by my age (21) i'll just have to visit www.i.need.a.little.slave.for.water.cha ... eanuts.com or o'll have to invest in a barrel and pump so i dont have to carry buckets.

Best "investment" I've made this year is the super syphon thing that attaches to the sink faucet. No spill water changes and no buckets. $22 wasn't going to part with it but it's excellent.

Best "investment" I've made this year is the super syphon thing that attaches to the sink faucet. No spill water changes and no buckets. $22 wasn't going to part with it but it's excellent.

Where did you buy the super syphon from tanks man I may have to invest.

  • Author

problem is the only sink downstairs is the laundry sink which has a spray nosel on it so can attack anything to it, im hoping to be able to extend the pipe on the though so it reachs all the tanks, just like a hose would.

The best "Investment" I bought is a Siphon from 2 dollar shop, I attached a small empty plastic bottle of Water Ager with the bottom cut out at the sucking end and a long hose on the other that goes straight out of my window, the plastic bottle acts like a gravel vacuum and the best part is the Siphon only cost me 1$.

Ive just started shyphoning the water out the window and chucking the garden hose in the tank.. Have been doing about 25% water changes and there haven't been any problems.

I think there must be something in the water atm, we have a few breeds nothing exciting thou.

Just yellows

OB zebra

ice blue

it looks like the 2 red zebras are going to breed in the next day or so same with the johanni..

So might have to setup some more tanks in the future

  • Author

oh yeah, yeah we have a whole lot more electric yellows growing up, hoping to get them to a sexable size so we can keep the best females to breed back to our male, who must be 3-4 years old by now.

Id hate to think how old our male is.. We got him from Mooloo and think he came out of the jansen botony downs display tank hes pretty huge and has some awesome colour though.

Hi! sounds like your having fun with the breeding!!!

The person who sells the water changing siphon which attaches to a tap and will both syphon the water out and add water as well is MIKEFISH he's not selling any at the moment but they often on there.

Cheers, erica

Yeah thats where I got mine from - It is a bit rickety tho and I did have to spend as much again on a fitting so that the american product would fit my English faucet - or was that the other way round? :roll: But it hasn't broken yet as I thought it would so I would buy it again unless I could find a stronger one.

lol to young to have kids at the mo, well to young for me some of you oldies would have had kids by my age (21)

hey who says your too young to have kids??? im only a year older then you and my son is starting school this month!!!

Now I feel old cos both my kids are over 21 (and I was under it when I had at least 1 of them) :roll:

I remember I spent my 21st at home with a screaming 3 month old and wondering what on earth I had got myself into. I still haven't found the answer but at least both kids have left home (and don't scream so much) so I can ponder in peace :lol:

well im turning 21 next month and i have a 4yr old and a 2 and a half year old and a 2yr old step daughter... i think its better having them young when my mates are at home with screaming newborns mine will be at school and out of my hair.... :P:P

he he got it right there and when your kids leave home , theirs are just about to head off to high school or something

:bounce:

/luke notes: not having children altogether avoids all those many hassles and more room and money for tanks ;) It's still on topic, now we're talking about too many breeds of humans :P

Absolutely Luke - I have enough problem with the #^@*^ cat putting his mits in the tank let alone little Tanksman prodigees in there as well.

  • Author

lol kids cost to much, when they find a way to keep them cheapily then i might consider having some, and plus jo sez looking after one kid (me) is enough at the moment.

lol kids are like vacumm cleaners they suck up any time/money you have lieing around!!

but they are great at getting your partner to the lfs kids love the fish shops and of course once you are there you have to buy something its part of the vacumm cleaner thing!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.