What other mbuna avaliable

JoandWilly

Hey just wondering what other mbuna avaliable we need a few new fish to change things around.

we currently have

Labidochromis caeruleus (electric yellows) (breeding)

Melanochromis auratus

Melanochromis joanjohnsonae (just one need more)

Metriaclima estherae (Red)and (O) (breeding)

Metriaclima greshakei (breeding)

Metriaclima lombardoi (trying to breed)

Pseudotropheus crabro (breeding)

Pseudotropheus demasoni (Pombo Rocks) (breeding)

And what i think is Pseudotropheus socolofi (Albino)

i know theres Melanochromis johannii, Labidochromis textilis, Labeotropheus trewavasae out there but would like to know of other ones.

"WE" know they are easy to tell apart so why cant the wholesaler or whoever get it right??!!

I mean a female socolofi is the same colours as a male and the female of Kingsizei are plain jane grey!

Cheers Gannet sorry bout the circumstance

Cheers Jason knew there was some somewhere

:oops: Sorry to storm ya thread Jo

Kingies dont have orange at all. As previosly mentioned, then not a kingy.

As for wholesalers, well as previous posts have proven, most aren't up to date on cichlids in your parts by the looks of it. & they are usually ordering blind from Asia too. Therefore they are taking the word of whoever they order off.

loking at those pics mine dont look like etha lol

"we all know too", Terribly sorry, but there did seem to be some confusion, proven right too. :roll: I guess we all can't be know it alls.

Look at these, they were ordered in over here, as a type of peacock. Can't remember what colour, but hey still not a peacock :oops:

Awholebunchofthem.jpg

mysticusvampyratus syndrome..
What the???

Frenchy :D

That looks like a kingsizei, in all the shops ive seen socolofi being sold as kingsizei so it looks like they were imported as that.. Like the Kenyi that were imported as blue zebras the other day so labelled that in the shops and having people wondering why half turn yellow.

snap!!!!!!!!!

i got sold a pair that i was told were kings but was a little unsure as wasnt able to possitively id them,the male looks exactly like that the female is all silver and to top it all off have a holding tank with 23 8 week old babies , even at that age there is a deffinate difference between male and female at least thats what i think(hope).